Opinions on Brocks Gen4 vs Akrapovic and other Mods

bigjack7679

Registered
I have an 08 busa and here is a lit of mods im ready to do in the next month or so. I need the org opinions on a few.

Full Exhaust
Under tail kit
cycle pirate pegs
heli bars
no cut frame sliders
Tag on swingarm ( dont know correct name ):laugh:
ECU DYNO TUNE ( Sabin performance dallas tx)

Im having a hard time deciding between brocks gen4 and akrapovic full exhaust. From my understanding brocks makes most of its horse power in the upper rpm and akrapovic makes its bread and butter in the mid range rpm area. Correct me if I'm wrong. I also know brocks is the drag racers choice now days but i want be doing to much that. I herd the alien heads on the dyno. Love the look but a little to loud for me. Love the Brocks CT but $1900 :whistle: still thinking on that one. Im mostly just a cruising to work and riding on the weekends type of guy. Grudge race once in a while

Hopefully with a good tune i want lose any mpg at cruising speeds under 5k rpm. Sabin informed me that he would lean it out in that range for mpg. (not his exact words in case i said something wrong :laugh:).

MY questions are ....
Opinions on Brocks gen4 vs Akrapovic Carbon racing Exhaust?
Who sells a good under tail kit?
Good no cut frame sliders?
Tag on swingarm. Can i buy a kit or is that custom?

Also want to thank Kromdom for the good deal on the cowl. :thumbsup:

busa right side.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

damn that cowl looks sweet :thumbsup:
* exhaust: your budget? There is a Tsukigi full system listed in the Classifieds for $675 shipped. If money is no object: Brocks for performance and sound.
* T-REX No-Cut sliders is my pick
* the swingarm tag holder can be bought by itself (all over ebay). Use terms: Suzuki Hayabusa Curved License Plate Bracket Relocator Swingarm Tag Bracket Swingarm Tag Bracket, Tag Relocator, Tag Eliminator

$(KGrHqJHJFEE9182BNg9BPii9PIuCw~~60_58.JPG

damn that cowl looks sweet :thumbsup:
* exhaust: your budget? There is a Tsukigi full system listed in the Classifieds for $675 shipped. If money is no object: Brocks for performance and sound.
* T-REX No-Cut sliders is my pick
* the swingarm tag holder can be bought by itself (all over ebay). Use terms: Suzuki Hayabusa Curved License Plate Bracket Relocator Swingarm Tag Bracket Swingarm Tag Bracket, Tag Relocator, Tag Eliminator

Thanks im trying to stay $1500 or less on the Exhaust. I have to get permission to spend more :banghead: :rofl:

I luv my Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Race 4-2-1... As far as quality hands down to the Akrapovic quality.
I have ridden with the Alien head on a GENII yes they sound good but a little loud for my taste.
I like to run fast but not attract attention from police 5 miles away. The Akrapovic sounds good when
you remove the silencer, and this is something that can be done with an 8MM wrench and about 3 minutes.
The exhaust is super light, titanium and carbon fiber.
I would have to see the dyno and compare the same bike on the same dyno with the different exhaust. I can tell you this, you will never feel an advantage in power between the two in the seat of the pants on the street maybe in the 1/4 mile.

I luv my Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Race 4-2-1... As far as quality hands down to the Akrapovic quality.
I have ridden with the Alien head on a GENII yes they sound good but a little loud for my taste.
I like to run fast but not attract attention from police 5 miles away. The Akrapovic sounds good when
you remove the silencer, and this is something that can be done with an 8MM wrench and about 3 minutes.
The exhaust is super light, titanium and carbon fiber.
I would have to see the dyno and compare the same bike on the same dyno with the different exhaust. I can tell you this, you will never feel an advantage in power between the two in the seat of the pants on the street maybe in the 1/4 mile.

Thanks for the insight. i Have a hard time with the power with the stock wxhaust
Have you notice a cruising mpg difference with the Akrapovic.? Thats if you ever keep up with it:laugh:

Out of what you have heard which one do you like better?

thats where im stuck. the alien head was marked off. CT sounds amazing, Akrapovic sounds great too. I know a shop that has a busa with the Gen 4 exhaust on it. Im stop by and see if i can get them to let me hear it. Guess i got to act like i want to buy. :laugh:

I would pick which one you like the sound of best. Your not racing every other weekend so the 4hp gain one might have over the other won't matter. You sound like you cruise alot so only you will have to listen to the sound every time you put your leg over her. I have a old full hindle exhaust that came on my gen1 I bought. I love it and wouldn't trade it over another one. :D

You have a point there. And when i do drag race my jockey weights abou 180lbs. Not 320lbs like me so i will gain all the hp i need right there. :laugh:

Thanks for the insight. i Have a hard time with the power with the stock wxhaust
Have you notice a cruising mpg difference with the Akrapovic.? Thats if you ever keep up with it:laugh:

I dont really pay much attention to MPG, I can tell you this though Ive ridden with Stock and Brock Alien Head GENII's and each time we fill up at the gas station during a ride its always within .2 of a gallon of the Akrapovic.
If you goto the Akrapovic site you will find a dyno sheet of the HP/TQ curve compared to stock.

Go with Akrapovic, for sure! - The Brocks stuff is fine for drag racing but looks retarded on street bikes. Plus, it's obnoxiously loud.
Also, whilst the Tsukigi Cannon pipes are undeniably well made, they also look like an elephant's dong.

I have the full dual Akrapovic on my gen2.
With the baffles in I can't hear the engine/exhaust over the wind noise above 45mph. Quiet, and I like it that way. You'll never hear which way I went.
Imagine if the stock exhaust sounded good, that's what it sounds like.:laugh:
With the baffles out the tone is alot deeper.
They are louder but not even close to obnoxious, and still quiet compared to an Alienhead.
As far as mpg I haven't noticed any difference(I rarely keep up with it).
Akrapovic says their exhausts are built to use the stock fuel/ignition maps(not to say a good dyno tune won't improve things).
Even though the mapping isn't perfect(can be improved on a stock bike), having the catalytic converter gone is good.
It's no longer cooking your feet. Letting the exhaust flow without being slowed and having more heat build up from the cat can only be an improvement. Even an insignificant amount of improvement wouldn't be a negative towards mpg. So with a proper tune I'de *assume* you could stay within a few mpg's of a stock bike, or maybe even the same...if your right wrist will allow it.:laugh:
I've gotten 49mpg, even with alot of triple digit highway cruising, which rarely happens(was a commute to an old job).
I mainly get low to mid 30mpg. I also have a +3 rear sprocket and run the bike very hard though.
The weight loss from whatever full exhaust you choose will a be a noticeble handling improvement anyway.:beerchug:

Here are the Akrapovic full single and full dual exhausts at Motomummy.
They are the cheapest I have found new, even though the prices have went up alot recently.

https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=17468&cat=468&page=1

https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=18316&cat=468&page=1

You have some very sound advice about :stupid:'s , the only thing that I can suggest is the tuner for you to look into, never personally used him and I am not knocking ' Sabin performance', because I know nothing about them, but I have heard nothing but good things about Johnny Cheese as far as the ECU Tuning goes and you are not to far away... Search his name on here or google, alot of guys speak very highly of him. Thats who I am using when I get back if I have time...:thumbsup:

Call and set your Appt. Now. 512-767-4273
[SIZE=-2]3778 County Road 123, Bldg B[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Round Rock, Texas 78664[/SIZE]

Hope that helps a lil...:laugh:

I recommend Akrapovic,good for street and race.Workmanship is good too.
Sound bassy too but not too loud unlike brocks.

For drag will be brocks.

If it were me, I would just buy which ever you like the looks of better, as both are great quality exhausts. I love my Brocks, but it is slightly louder than my old bike with the Gen 3 pipe. And sorry Frog, I love the looks of mine as well! :poke:

DSC03500-1.jpg

Back