Voodoo Short Pipe help

Missmollymi

Registered
Hello

I brought my hayabusa gen 1 last year aug and this shorty pipe is too loud... I wanted to trade or sell, but a new exhaust is alotta work... and I work alot.. I was looking into the brocks street meg, a couple other exhausts as well..

The question is, can I buy a slip on exhaust from lets say, Brocks, and fit it on the voodoo headers? Perhaps, I can fit a different slip on like an M4 maybe?

Anyone wanna buy or trade? Totally down as well.. Im in New York upstate

Measure the diameter of the collector/where the midpipe would slip on at, then check that vs what you want.
From memory, the Brocks pipe diameters are bigger than stock, so if the muffler is from a full Brocks, it will not fit a stock header, and from memory, the Voodoo header is not larger than stock.
But, if the Voodoo header just turned out into basically a tip, vs a midpipe and muffler, then you will have to get creative.
Take some pictures and measurements and post them.
You don't have a difficult thing to fix, but trying to find a simple solution for a time constraint may be a problem.

exhaust systems can easily be modified if you have the tools. fyi: a brocks street meg is not going to be quiet. if you want a quiet you should probably look at a system with a larger muffler. a few things to consider. if you can’t do the work, is it cheaper for you to retrofit a longer muffler to your existing exhaust or is it cheap to buy a quieter full system and sell your old system? if u trying to be thrifty, you can talk to a local exhaust shop to fab you a link pipe to connect your header to any universal style muffler.

IMG_2999.jpeg

exhaust systems can easily be modified if you have the tools. fyi: a brocks street meg is not going to be quiet. if you want a quiet you should probably look at a system with a larger muffler. a few things to consider. if you can’t do the work, is it cheaper for you to retrofit a longer muffler to your existing exhaust or is it cheap to buy a quieter full system and sell your old system? if u trying to be thrifty, you can talk to a local exhaust shop to fab you a link pipe to connect your header to any universal style muffler.

View attachment 1676494
Thank you for your input.. I like it a bit loud, but not scream pipe loud. So I figured brocks meg 20" would fit me perfectly... I also considered a yoshi.. I was just wondering if anyone found a slip on over the voodoo header pipe so I can just do an easy swap and call it a day

Measure the diameter of the collector/where the midpipe would slip on at, then check that vs what you want.
From memory, the Brocks pipe diameters are bigger than stock, so if the muffler is from a full Brocks, it will not fit a stock header, and from memory, the Voodoo header is not larger than stock.
But, if the Voodoo header just turned out into basically a tip, vs a midpipe and muffler, then you will have to get creative.
Take some pictures and measurements and post them.
You don't have a difficult thing to fix, but trying to find a simple solution for a time constraint may be a problem.
So sorry. Just getting back from work.. trucker life.. lol but I measured like a little less than 2 inches.. I heard voodoo pipe ends are a little wider than stock pipes.. but here are some pics

20240123_172314.jpg

20240123_172322.jpg

20240123_172338.jpg

I have a voodoo header on my gen 2. Bought it with it. It was too loud. I am using the stock mid pipe on it now with a bolt on d&d can. I would bet you can get a stock mid pipe on yours as well. If the stock mid pipe fits a slip on should also fit.

Thank you for your input.. I like it a bit loud, but not scream pipe loud. So I figured brocks meg 20" would fit me perfectly... I also considered a yoshi.. I was just wondering if anyone found a slip on over the voodoo header pipe so I can just do an easy swap and call it a day
have u tried calling voodoo? ask if you can convert their short muffler to one of their larger mufflers?

have u tried calling voodoo? ask if you can convert their short muffler to one of their larger mufflers?
I did and they want me to buy an entire header system which I think is a waste.. that's why I was wondering if maybe the dude was misinformed and I can fit any slip on exhaust.. I just need something bit quieter than a voodoo shorty pipe

Reactions: pcs
I have a voodoo header on my gen 2. Bought it with it. It was too loud. I am using the stock mid pipe on it now with a bolt on d&d can. I would bet you can get a stock mid pipe on yours as well. If the stock mid pipe fits a slip on should also fit.
Ahhh interesting. I was just told that the voodoo headers are going to be different from the voodoo owner dude.. and he wanted me to buy a whole new set of headers... but I heard the 20" brocks megaphone on youtube and loved it.. plus, it's not as loud so I night do that

View attachment 1676494
I understand that, but the voodoo shorty exhaust is too loud, but I'm told brocks 20" meg is alot quieter which is doable for me. I don't wanna be too quiet cuz I want ppl to hear me, but I don't wanna be too loud that I can't hear myself

Reactions: pcs
Back