Opinions on bike comms

Kahunas

Registered
I just purchased the scala rider dst-1 bike communication from mottocomm and was wondering if anyone else here has ever had the set or what everyone uses on there long rides to freedom.???

the reason i bought it was the price was good for me and also music,gps,radar and phone hookup .

i just hope its clear at high speeds:whistle:

thanx for the reply but i was looking for more of a org "opinion" not a review from a website ive been to i just dont trust too many websites that want to sell a product rather hear it from friends and i consider the org to be friendly does anyone have their own opinion on the subject

p.s. i mean no disrespect just thought i would clarify:laugh::poke:

thanx for the reply but i was looking for more of a org "opinion" not a review from a website ive been to i just dont trust too many websites that want to sell a product rather hear it from friends and i consider the org to be friendly does anyone have their own opinion on the subject

p.s. i mean no disrespect just thought i would clarify:laugh::poke:
I understand, I've heard nothing but good things from other .Org Members and close friends of mine. I didn't mean I looked up reviews on some site. Giving you, what I consider, opinions that matter. :thumbsup:

I understand, I've heard nothing but good things from other .Org Members and close friends of mine. I didn't mean I looked up reviews on some site. Giving you, what I consider, opinions that matter. :thumbsup:

no very good i just thought i should prob clarify thank you hoping to hear from people that actually use comms on their bike wasnt calling anyone out:beerchug:
again thank you

I have one of the orginal Scala Q2 headsets, I loved the clarity of bike to bike... The early ones only had the built in FM radio (marginal at best) and the ability to sync with a bluetooth device for audio like a zumo. The audio was terrible because it did not support A2DP. It was great for several things but failed in other areas. Sounds like the new versions are much better. I moved to the autocom because overall it does everything very well....

Very interested in the new Scala reviews.. I have an early scala I will sell too...

cap

I have the Scala Q2 I am very happy with it. Blue tooth is very clear. FM radio on it is poor no display for stations an tunning through the stations with gloves on or adjusting the volume is almost impossible. If you do manage to find a station you like will sound very good. MP3 plug in Feature is nice but sound is not as nice as I would like, I adjusted the EQ settings on the music player to compensate so its not to bad. Haven't used bike to bike since I lost my riding partner an my other friend won't buy one. So have no opinion on that feature.
Only real complaint is that I wanted to actually use the Bluetooth of my blackberry to listen to the Pandora an the stored music on my phone. Doesn't work that way I have to plug the phone in to the scala to listen to the BB. But it a major improvement from the Radios I was using so much interference they were useless.
Posted via Mobile Device

sounds like its gonna be good then and i too was going to use bb as music source i wonder if i put on a amp before the headset if that will boost the clarity a little.
my dad is wanting to get a better set as well so this year we will be able to talk to each other on our trip out east or hopefully Arkansas again....ya push mountain:cheerleader::laugh: i just hope the headsets dont get alot of road noise cuz me and father both cruise about 80 90 on highway:whistle:

Don't know about the Scala...

But, everyone in my crew runs Chatterbox.

There have to be 15 of us with them. Crazy effective.

Good luck!

I am going with the Chatterbox myself. I have only heard good things from the people that use the Chatterbox.

chatterbox is still king for bike to bike comms...however the cardo q2 has way more features and really is in a different ball park from the chatterbox in my opinion...

if you ride with a big club or something though, the chatterbox is king still

Back