Opinions of Frank Thomas brand gear???

Loki08

Registered
Anyone here use or have used Frank Thomas branded gear? I tried on some of the leather this past weekend, and it felt very strong. CycleGear is running some specials on jackets/pants, and was wondering if this was good quality touring gear?

TIA.

I bought Frank Thomas 1-piece perforated leathers about six months ago from CG and have been very happy so far - wear every time I ride. While I know FT is not the best out there, it suits my riding needs just fine for commuting and whatnot - but probably not what I would want for track. My main reason for purchase was because the local CG store had the gear to try on so I get the correct fit - and I tried lots of suits as well as boots. The FT fit perfectly and was 20% off at the time so I bought.

I think I am going to give it a try. I don't plan on track use, just touring, spirited riding, and longer distance stuff.

Thanks for the inputs fellas!
beerchug.gif

I rode for years in shorts and T-shirt - after I bought the Busa I found Ride2Die.com - bought the FTs the next weekend - well worth the $400 - cheaper than skin grafts - now I can't ride without them.

That gear is very popular in the UK,right up there with Dainese.

I picked up a FT Strike jacket today. On sale from $299 down to $149. Nice thick perforated leather. The wife got a nice Alpinestars jacket today also.

Back