LBZ gear

CTA_Busa_LE

Donating Member
Registered
UPS guy brought me my first mesh/leather jacket today, I went with a white/black LBZ Meshed Up leather and mesh jacket. I'm relatively new at the gear game and was wondering if anyone else wears this jacket and what their opinion of it is. I went with the jacket for a couple reasons, first it was reasonable on price. Second the black and white (with more white than black) was attractive considering white will reflect the sun while the black will absorb it causing it to feel even hotter. Third, the black and white goes well with my 06 white/silver limited.

I picked it up from motorcyclecloseouts.com for 99.00 and got a great fit on my first try. Not overly tight to limit movement but snug enough it fits my body without a bunch of added bulk.

As I said earlier, any thoughts from anyone who has worn this jacket as well as other brands and how does it compare in quality to those other brands. Any tips on future purchases as my next puchase will most likely be full leather with pants??

and of course the pic

lbz_jacket.jpg

I've been in the LBZ jacket for about a week now, I've put about 500 miles on this week while wearing it and haven't found anything about it yet that I don't like. The lighter color is great when stuck in slow traffic or at stoplights. It doesn't heat up near as fast as darker colors. As for comfort and coolness. I've worn it several times for hours at a time and have yet to even have a wet Tshirt when I take it off. Of course temps haven't been super high here this past week, mid 80's or so with mild humidity. I will also add I've been wearing it with the zip out liner still in. When stopped at a light or slow traffic it will get a bit warm however when I get back to speed that small bit of perspiration caused by wearing the liner feels like an air conditioner when the wind hits it. I'm hoping I never crash test it but from the looks of its construction I believe it should hold up well.

I've seen so many crashes and their aftermath that I can't ride and enjoy it without making an attempt to protect myself. Of course gear doesn't give you any guarantees and can't protect you from a sudden stop but I like the odds much better with proper gear than without.
I also agree, you've got to love your gear or you won't wear it. I've heard the same saying all my life. "there are two type of riders, those that have been down, and those that have yet to go down" If you ride long enough, statistics say it will happen, dress for it!!

I'm in Mt Vernon IL, right at intersection of I-57/I-64

I see you are in Quad Cities area, I was up there back in March for a conference. Best memory of the whole trip was Johnny's Italian Steakhouse. Good stuff!!

Back