Operating temp question

Wayneovich

Registered
I noticed today that my bike would go up to half way on the temp guage then go back down to almost a 1/4 then back up this was at about 65 mph and temp was in mid 70s anything I should be worried about ?

Could be low coolant or the thermostat is sticking
Mine stays steady as well once up to temp cruising down the road. Only time it goes up any is on a hot day and i'm sitting in traffic and then once the fan kicks on it stays about half way.

Well I just let it set and watched the temp guage It did normal got to a little under halfway then the fan kicked in. Maybe it was cooler than I thought last evening. Are our fans on a timer? if so that would explain the drop in temp.

Mine will never change when I ride. It will stay around the 1/2 mark all the time. Mine is an 08

There must be a reason for both situations.For the first case when thermostat delays to open because of a steady and easy ride ,water inside the radiator manages to cool enough ,so when thermostat opens , preety cool water enters to the engine so needle drops a lot.For the steady situation.... riding agressivly or on high temperatures or in traffic, doesnt permit water inside the radiator to cool enough because of the continious thermostat openings.Mine (08) behaves like Wayneoviches on easy Automn highway rides and like Dadofthrees inside traffic any time of the year.Oh ...by the way ...keep in mind that theres no cooler water in the engine than first thermostats opening.Hope I helped with my poor English :beerchug:

There must be a reason for both situations.For the first case when thermostat delays to open because of a steady and easy ride ,water inside the radiator manages to cool enough ,so when thermostat opens , preety cool water enters to the engine so needle drops a lot.For the steady situation.... riding agressivly or on high temperatures or in traffic, doesnt permit water inside the radiator to cool enough because of the continious thermostat openings.Mine (08) behaves like Wayneoviches on easy Automn highway rides and like Dadofthrees inside traffic any time of the year.Oh ...by the way ...keep in mind that theres no cooler water in the engine than first thermostats opening.Hope I helped with my poor English :beerchug:

Excellent input man thank you !!!

Back