Temp guage question

sumo

Registered
Ok just wondering if this was normal. After riding home from work i shut the bike down by using the kill switch. As i did that i was looking at my guages and i noticed that the temp gauage shot up all the way to the red. I started the bike up again and the temp gauage went back to normal. Is this normal?

Yeah, it happens sometimes. I think its just a small surge right when you're twisting the key to the off position that makes it do that

My theory is the bike just doesn't like to be turned off. So get back on and ride!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Altec
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145619275 -->

I think Sumo is talking about leaving the key on and shutting off the motor with the kill switch.

Yes, it is normal for the temp gauge to be up in the red when the engine switch is 'off'. When you flip the switch 'on', the temp gauge will return to 'normal' temp.

What about your speedometer? When hitting the brakes in the first few min or riding I will see the guage "bump" up anywhere from 3-10 mph then settle right back down...only does it in the begining and then it is all good...just wierd to me not really an issue.

I think Sumo is talking about leaving the key on and shutting off the motor with the kill switch.

Yes, it is normal for the temp gauge to be up in the red when the engine switch is 'off'. When you flip the switch 'on', the temp gauge will return to 'normal' temp.
you sir are correct

When you shut the engine off, you are not creating any more heat, but you also aren't circulating the coolant, so you will get hot spots around the head and cool spots around the radiator and a mix of temps in between. The temp sensor on the Busa is near a hot spot. As long as it isn't in the red while the engine is running, all is good.

Back