OOPS Hayabusa loses chain at highway speeds....

Easy E

Registered
Here is a video of a hayabusa in Puerto Rico that blipped the Thorttle and lost his chain. Its like the third bike to pass Its 10 seconds into the video. The guys video taping are sayin " Ha lost your chain dumbass" I though there would be a lot more drama if your chain came off at highway speeds. This one just unraveled and the bike kept rolling. Is this unusual??
policia Blooper - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had 2 friends who's chains snapped on them (cheep junk ebay chains) and both ended up with with damage to thier plastics costing them several hundred dollars. That guy in the video was damn lucky, I've read stories about people going down because broken chains at highway speeds.

Had a friend a few years ago that lost a chain going about 65 on a GSXR 750. He had to replace his swingarm, tail light and tail plastic. This guy got lucky...

I have a customer a few years ago tell me about a terrible chain break that cost him some toes. I don't know if it was "the one that go away" or a real deal. I've certainly sold my fair share of crankcases over the years because people refused to do the simplest of chain manitence. Skip chain lube and adjustment for long enough and it WILL bite you.

That happened at the AMA races at Road America this year. Sucker flew way up in the air!

GsxrBots said:
That happened at the AMA races at Road America this year. Sucker flew way up in the air!

I lost my chain on the front straight at Nelson ledges. The guy in the tower said it was higher then the tower.

i have seen it a few times. every time it barfs its self onto the road. i have never seen it bind up and break things, but i know it can.
that fella is gonna have a bummer of a walk home.

I lost a chain years ago on a 750. I was able to go about a mile or so to get off the interstate and down the ramp. A couple kids saw me lose it, stopped and gave me a ride back to get it.

Bad thing is, I was on the way home from the shop...just purchased the chain and paid them to install it to make sure it was installed properly. They did not rivet the master link on properly and it came out less than 10 miles later.

No damage except the chain getting run over.

Should have known better, I install myself now.

he was extremely lucky....a bike i had back in the day broke the chain at highway speeds, bunched up where the front sprocket goes and broke all sorts of parts....i was very lucky not to go down because oil was pouring down all the way until i stopped....i just let the bike roll to a stop and used no brakes.

While working on mine I lost my chain once. Didn't get the clip on the master lined up right. Just slid out like the fastest snake you ever seen. But I wouldn't wanna try and go 2 for 2.

Back