Only 145 rwhp???

#'s, #'s, #'s...how does the bike feel to YOU?  Is it better than before?  You said the bottom end is smoother right?  Maybe this dude's dyno is all screwed up, but if the bike is running good and stronger than before then don't worry about it.  

If motors varied between 140-170 hp they would be falling apart left and right.  The tolerances on production bikes are too good to have large variances in hp.  Maybe up to 4hp between engines, but that would be more of break in procedures, gas, oil variable than the engine itself.  

The problems are in the dynos, not the bikes!

Does the tuner have graphs from stock busas?  Modified busas?  They should have all the runs on file and can easily compare your bike to others...this will tell you what's up and if there is actually a problem with your bike.

beerchug.gif

got it. his weather station says you are at 250feet below sea level.
real correction factor is 1.045 thus 150.25hpis the corrceted HP and for the torque I bet he had the signal set on a triple and not every other pulse.
this guy is a loser

JC, once I get my 08, I'm definetly going to have to pay you a visit. You definetly know your stuff. My hat is off to you.
bowdown.gif

Must be a stingy dyno, stock Busa should pull between 150 and 155 with no problems.

(Johnnycheese @ Sep. 10 2007,20:20) got it. his weather station says you are at 250feet below sea level.
real correction factor is 1.045 thus 150.25hpis the corrceted HP and for the torque I bet he had the signal set on a triple and not every other pulse.
this guy is a loser
Thanks J.C.! I feel better now
beerchug.gif
. At least I'm in the 150's. Do you think my bike should have gotten more?
I'm going to change the airfilter (it's still stock) and do the small airbox mod and change my fuel filter. After this I'll get her dynoed again. I wish you weren't soo far away. I'd ask you to tune it.

Thanks again!
Shawn

Man... I ran a 156 and then a 160 stock... Two different dyno's two different days...

I have an 03 with a full Yoshi and air filter. 42000 kms. 135 nm and 167 Hp. The motor has worked well and is often ridden hard ( in the upper rev range) perhaps your bike stays at the speed limits and has become a lazy motor and what you need is a long run at high RPM to wake it up.

(Johnnycheese @ Sep. 10 2007,22:20) got it. his weather station says you are at 250feet below sea level.
Well ... if I've learned anything today it's that a busa makes killer torque when it's under water.

(johnnycrash @ Sep. 14 2007,11:53)
(Johnnycheese @ Sep. 10 2007,22:20) got it. his weather station says you are at 250feet below sea level.
Well ... if I've learned anything today it's that a busa makes killer torque when it's under water.
laugh.gif

(Johnnycheese @ Sep. 10 2007,23:20) got it. his weather station says you are at 250feet below sea level.
this guy is a loser
Wow! Great find. Thanks for your contribution. You greatly enhance the "performance" IQ of the board.
bowdown.gif

I wish I lived closer to your shop. I have plans for some winter mod's and I need a tuning brain like yours in my corner.

Thanks for the consistently valuable posts JC.
beerchug.gif

im a new guy here and i have a 2002 Busa with full yosh exhaust, power commander, and quickshifter. (quickshifter obviously means nothing in this thread) mine made 172rwhp/102tq on 93 octane....and 176rwhp/105tq on VPracing C16 race gas.

192098166_637550051_0.jpg

sorry typo on the race gas....its VP racing U4 race gas..
I was getting ready to say you should have loss hp using C16 with your mods. And I hope you flushed your fule pump thoroughy after using U4!!!!
That shid will gum up your throttle bodies and fug up your pump if you let it set too (30 days) long in your tank.

Back