Only 145 rwhp???

first vr4

Registered
Got my bike tunned on the dyno the other day and she only came in at 145 rwhp. I have a full Yoshi 4 to 1 system TRE w/GiPro (don't think that matters) and a power commander. Does this sound low to you guys?
Thanks,
Shawn

That's what she pulled on that dyno on that day...bikes and dyno's vary.

If it runs good, don't get caught up in the #'s game
all_coholic.gif

That's what I was expecting! She used to run rough at the lower rpm's mainly at idle and putting around town. That's smoothed out now.
What does a stock Busa put down to the rear?

The number sounds low but is in the Busa HP Range you might have a 145 HP motor Bro. I have heard many time from different tuners that Busa Motors normally have a range from 140-170 HP just depends on the motor.

Maybe your injectors are dirty..  Same thing happened to a friend of mine.  His 05 GSXR1k (pcIII, full exhaust and map) put out 147 HP..  He cleaned the fuel injectors, ran some fuel detergent through the tank.. A couple weeks later, he returned to the same dyno and pulled 162HP.

it's worth looking into..  
cool.gif

(rtvegas @ Sep. 09 2007,08:38) Maybe your injectors are dirty..  Same thing happened to a friend of mine.  His 05 GSXR1k (pcIII, full exhaust and map) put out 147 HP..  He cleaned the fuel injectors, ran some fuel detergent through the tank.. A couple weeks later, he returned to the same dyno and pulled 162HP.

it's worth looking into..  
cool.gif
The dyno operator could have had a bad day on the first run, also...even thou it was the same dyno, compare
the temp and humidity conditions for BOTH runs.

If the first one was done in the heat of the day and the 2nd one done on a COOL morning...there will be a noticeable difference  
wink.gif

Sounds low. JC ran mine on the dyno at the Austin THR meet, and it pulled 149. Its all stock with 2000 miles on it. My guess would be to run it again and take in to account weather conditions and maybe try fuel injector cleaner like somone else mentioned.

(first vr4 @ Sep. 09 2007,07:49) With the exhaust and power commander I was hopeing or a little more.
all_coholic.gif
Yep, that's why I don't dump money into crazy mods that don't do anything...or that you wouldn't notice anyway...
guns.gif

(Cerberus @ Sep. 09 2007,12:26) Sounds low.  JC ran mine on the dyno at the Austin THR meet, and it pulled 149.  Its all stock with 2000 miles on it.  My guess would be to run it again and take in to account weather conditions and maybe try fuel injector cleaner like somone else mentioned.
.....+3
Those numbers are low! I know that depending on the year of bike you have you can expect about 3-5hp diff overall. but, I would expect to still see mid to high 150's RWHP. Who did your baseline map and adjusted map?

The shop owner out here at a place called "LLoydz".
Could my fuel filter be affecting the output? I had a feeling it might need a changing. Also a stock air filter that looks like it could use a changing.

(first vr4 @ Sep. 09 2007,15:57) The shop owner out here at a place called "LLoydz".  
Could my fuel filter be affecting the output? I had a feeling it might need a changing. Also a stock air filter that looks like it could use a changing.
What year is your bike and how many miles on it
rock.gif

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 09 2007,16:01)
(first vr4 @ Sep. 09 2007,15:57) The shop owner out here at a place called "LLoydz".  
rock.gif
It's a 2001 with approx 9800 miles

(first vr4 @ Sep. 09 2007,16:04)
(BA BUSA @ Sep. 09 2007,16:01)
rock.gif
It's a 2001 with approx 98000 miles
With 98,000 miles that HP # sounds about right
wink.gif

Back