Ok Google maps gets even cooler

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Google maps and put in an Indianapolis zip code or just Indianapolis

zip 46234

Now click on "Street View" and then double click on any of the blue highlighted streets...

WOW... make sure you look straight down too... you can see the car.. you are free to travel all around in 360 view... what will they do next..

maybe these first person gamer programmers can use these for player maps.... talk about cool

That is awesome!
beerchug.gif

my wife saw this a long time ago and wants to get it removed. predator reasons and all. my son and a friend are the ones playing baseball
cool.gif
and my daughter is on a bike on the sidewalk

you can send it a remove request but not sure what the parameters are for removal..

that's cool. I saw a truck from MSN with that huge camera rig on it too. That was last year. I bet they are gearing up for this kinda thing. I do wish it could be animated... "Drive mode" so it loads up the images every second. I'm sure that is next for the GOOGLE EARTH product. Then you could let it run and look left or right at stuff going by

Glad to see that my one horse town doesn't have street view capability, yet
smile.gif

But, I did just share this with everyone I work with...they're all in shock that tools like this are out there...

Privacy rights no more...it's crazy!

they actually made it onto a military base in TX recently... for a few days you could just take a virtual drive through the base ... its been removed at the request of someone really really important
laugh.gif

some scary shid though, good thing its not real time

it took me a while... m'kay... but I finally discovered you can point your MOUSE in the picture and click/drag around to change your point of view! That's awesome. Get some virtual goggles and you are THERE

Here's where I wish I was. Some of you guys know where I'm tawkin bout

houstons.JPG

is amazing the amount of money it must take to put this together... but as far as privacy goes, I doubt there will be much grounds to stand on... this is a car driving down a public street..

It seems a bit intrusive but then again, until they are peeking in the windows, I guess we can not say much.. sure saves a lot of trying to describe what your house looks like...
smile.gif

Back