Hayabusa owners map.....new site

jdsbusa

Registered
The old Platial.com site I originally generated for everyone to place themselves on a map so we could see at a glance where fellow riders on the Org were located has apparently been nuked. Tried to go there today and it appears Platial went under or something along those lines. At any rate, since Google isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I built a Hayabusa Owner's Group map there and set it up so anyone can add themselves to the map. So far I haven't found a way to add a pic to our location like Platial allowed, but it seemed only a handful were doing that anyway. So for anyone that would like to put their location back onto a map for fellow orgsters to be able to see who's who and where....here's the link. It is set to allow anyone to edit, I just ask that no one go malicious and start screwing with other people's location as Google doesn't lock down things. You can pinpoint your exact location right down to the house by zooming in on your street if you like, or just drop a placemark in your hometown. Once you click on the link below, click EDIT on the left side of the page, then click on the Add a placemark button once you've zoomed in to your area. Put your ORG username in the title field and that's it! This is not limited to the US only, all of our international riders can put themselves on the map as well just like the old one did.

Here's the link!
Hayabusa Owner's Group - Google Maps

excellent idea.
Im doing it.
1st vote for pinning this somewhere easy for all to find...:thumbsup:

Just a note to folks..
Think about just pinning an area or city close to you or your house as not all who look at this will be honest.
By pinning your exact house it may create an easy map for thieves.
Username, pics of your bike here, they will have all they need.

Great idea just protect yourself...

Last edited:
I seem to be missing the "edit" button?
You might need to be logged into a google account. gmail.com if you don't have a google account already will work, but if you don't have a google account I'd like to know where the rock you've been under is located so I can add that to the map. :rofl:

I'm JUST KIDDING!! :laugh:

On the suggestion of another member....don't pinpoint your exact location if you don't want to for security/privacy reasons - just find your town location and stab a placemark on it. :thumbsup:

How do you get to see the whole Busa family map...I just see my placemark...even though I can't save it!

the map could get ugly quick as it is a bit confusing.
If you wind up only saving a 'placemark' go back and click it.
A window should open up for you to place a comment(username).
In descript box (place city)

Great idea, second the motion for pinning this thread.:beerchug:

Just wondering???

Most members have their home city in their profile, can the admins not do a search on cities in the profile and link to an updated hande/name list?

looks like badazgtp has two.
One with his username and one called "placemark 5'
If someone can confirm this and be more comfy 'deleting' something please do .
It will keep it clean.

no poke Badaz as it took me a few to get it right and now since I did I'm skeered to touch it...:laugh:

Whoops: edit- already done...

Last edited:
Great idea again Jds.
I love looking at the satellite view and seeing the areas y'all live in.

NO FAIR YOU HAVE CURVES !

umm...vabs, if you're out there you didn't add your location, you changed the map name. :laugh: I fixed the map name....but you have to do the rest.

umm...vabs, if you're out there you didn't add your location, you changed the map name. :laugh: I fixed the map name....but you have to do the rest.

Yeah, I screwed something up LOL I think I did my part correctly this time :laugh: Blonds...whatareyagonnado? :whistle:

Yeah, I screwed something up LOL I think I did my part correctly this time :laugh: Blonds...whatareyagonnado? :whistle:

You said it...not me! :laugh: It's all good now. BPJones is another, I think maybe you tried to add yourself but change me to you.....unless you live where I live.... ???

Great idea again Jds.
I love looking at the satellite view and seeing the areas y'all live in.

NO FAIR YOU HAVE CURVES !

LIES!!! Where are these "curves" you speak of? Everything around here is North/South and East/West. I have to travel an hour+ North to find these "curve" things. :rofl:

Back