Oil

Pacaveli

Registered
Hey fellas,
     I'm about to go for the synthetic maybe(10K on her). I've been hearing about clutch slippage, is this so? How is synthetic blend(mix) or full synthetic, and is it more(cost) for going this way? Also, would you change it as often with this over the trad'l. oil changes? Oh yeah, if so, what's the best synthetic to go with? Sorry so many questions, but hey, I don't know

<!--EDIT|Pacaveli
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080750642 -->

I've been using Mobil 1 5w30 (Blue Cap) in my 2003 I put it in at 2000 miles, I'm now at 4400....no problems at all....even made the gear changes a little quiter and smoother.

I have been thinking of going with synthetic to make the bike run a little cooler in stop and go traffic, but I have been worried about the clutch slippage problem also.

I would love to hear some input as well.

Thanks,

Well guys, I just started using Mobil 1 MX4t in mine and I can assure you there is no slippage. That is an old misconception of synthetic motor oils but it is not true. MX4T is specifically designed for 4 stroke motorcycle engines and it works. I started using mine with 3000 miles on her and it improved the shifting and smoothness of the engine. I don't feel near as much vibration as I used to. Just my .02. I also use MX4T in my 1997 GSXR 750 and I have had absolutely no problems out of either bike and the clutch does NOT slip on either one also.

Mobil 1 MX4T synthetic. It is formulated for Motorcycles. Expensive though. I swear by the stuff. It is the best I have used, and it is highly like all over the net by other riders.

never had slippage with full synth but the tranny seems to work better with petrol/synth blends.full synth didn't make any running temperature changes

Mobil 1 Blue cap. No slippage, no problems. I change it after every race weekend and it comes out just as nice as when I put it in.

Slippage is probably just an urban ledgend
tounge.gif

As long as the synthetic oil does not have molybednum in it you should be ok. Suzuki's are probably the least negatively affected by sythentic oil.

I use CASTROL R4 SUPERBIKE 10-40w full synth.
do you have Castrol in USA?
here they say it's one of the best oil to use for a bike.

I think I'm gonna go ahead with the Amsoil brand. I've checked locally as well, and many people are using that brand. I haven't heard of any slippage personally, just word of mouth. Hopefully I won't be the only one with clutch problems. I'm at 10k, so I think I've broken it in good enough for sure.

I'm running Motul 15w50 in my '03 with 2,000 miles on it. Amazing difference in shifting!

Ed

Mobil Synthetic . designed for mototrcycles. As it has been said.

I just had my 600 mile service. Now running Mobil Synthetic . Smooth as silk
7.99 a quart . lets see 9,000 for the Bike 32.00 for OIL hmmmmmmm
cool.gif

Back