Oil cooler for turbos....pics!!

boosted

Registered
Velocity hooked me up with a trick oil cooler for my bike. I know alot of people don't run them but I prefer cooler oil circulating through my engine. How much it cools I don't know, but it should be more efficient than the stock air to oil one. This tubular design uses your radiator coolant. check it out

08busa002.jpg

08busa001.jpg

08busa003.jpg

Nice! I was going to either use the stock or another one with 6 rows. Not sure yet.

Link?

r8

008__800x600_.JPG

Would like to revive this 2008 topic. I am also a believer that a room full of engineers, put an oil cooler on the bike for a reason. Yes, I have had no problem so far, just saying, to the nay Sayers. Running a turbo bike on the street, doesn't get the on/off running of a drag bike. I have a couple ideas, but looking for other input. I Like the Velocity racing one at the top of this post, but cannot find it, (15 year old post).. Figured this post is old enough that possibly someone has figured something out to fit in the limited amount of space we have to work with.
Thanks up front, Rich C:

Would like to revive this 2008 topic. I am also a believer that a room full of engineers, put an oil cooler on the bike for a reason. Yes, I have had no problem so far, just saying, to the nay Sayers. Running a turbo bike on the street, doesn't get the on/off running of a drag bike. I have a couple ideas, but looking for other input. I Like the Velocity racing one at the top of this post, but cannot find it, (15 year old post).. Figured this post is old enough that possibly someone has figured something out to fit in the limited amount of space we have to work with.
Thanks up front, Rich C:
I feel the same. This is what you're looking for.

And here

Reactions: VNE
And finally, an American company selling it...

Reactions: VNE
Been thinking about this Cooler. Tapped my oil pan with an auto meter procomp oil temp gauge and oil temps are about 235F at 4500 cruising rpms. I’m set at 4 psi boost right now on a 9:1 engine. Start playing in the boost and it climbs quickly from there. I limit the fun at 240 degrees.

bike is fully faired and ambient temp was 85F

Redcurbjumper, Great stuff!!! Sounds very close to my set up, W/ full faring's. I like the real life quantitative data. If you get one of the coolers, would be great to see your numbers. Please Post!! I hate speculative answers, and nay saying Suzuki's engineers. I don't believe anyone here is smarter than a room full of engineers. My turbo bike is a daily driver, not a drag racer that runs for 10 min or less at a time. Thank You

Redcurbjumper, Great stuff!!! Sounds very close to my set up, W/ full faring's. I like the real life quantitative data. If you get one of the coolers, would be great to see your numbers. Please Post!! I hate speculative answers, and nay saying Suzuki's engineers. I don't believe anyone here is smarter than a room full of engineers. My turbo bike is a daily driver, not a drag racer that runs for 10 min or less at a time. Thank You
Phone acting weird

SO I rebuild every year or two at least
what would be the tell tale signs of the oil Overheating?
I can tell you to the .0001 my motor clearances and what everything looks like
so if my oil is getting too hot what to look for>

I don't have one. Took it off my original Busa the day I got it. Never had an issue at all. So since suzuki put it on does that mean everyone still has their pair valves on too? or is that different?

I ran without fairings at first and the oil temp ran about 200F at 4500 on the hiway just cruising. Put some boost pulls in it and maybe 220 F....which I was very happy with. fairings definitely slick up the bike for cutting through the air, but airflow around the engine and oil pan area is where you pay the price. Read up on oil types and temps at which they lose their viscosity ratings. Full synthetics can take a ton more heat than what I’m measuring here But I am old school and want to see the max be about 220-230 after leaning on the boost. The oil is going through the heat chamber (turbo bearing) and getting the polymer chains sheared in the gearbox then it’s asked to keep the bearings away from the crank journals at massive rpm and cylinder pressures... oil cooler is cheap insurance.

Last edited:
Back