oil change

busa854

Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering how often everyone changes their filter. The manual says change filter every third oil change or something like that. The filter is just 10 bucks though so I'm thinking just to be safe, why not change filter as well everytime. Is that a waste of money. What do you guys do?

Change your filter every time. It's not a waste of money to take good care of your baby.

Change the filter every oil change... You dont wanna contaminate your new oil

What they said...change it every time...
cool.gif

I change mine everytime, I do not see the sense in sending clean oil through a dirty filter.

Change it every time...and have changed oil at 300 miles, 700 miles, 1500 miles, and am ready to change again at 2700. Switched to synthetic at 1500...and even though it's only got a 1000 miles on this change, I want all the dino oil out...
biggrin.gif

I don't have the manual here in front of me but, Suzuki says to change the oil every 3500 miles or so and the filter every other oil change. I use a full synthetic oil and change it every 2000-2500 miles and the filter every other time
wink.gif

Now if you want to spend the extra time and money to do the filter every time
biggrin.gif
have at it.

change the oil and filter every time ! hey a while back there was a poll about prefilling the oil filter ? is there a trick there was somthin like 38% that prefilled it , im just wondering how ?
wink.gif

Thanks, that was what I was thinking as well. Just wanted to know what you guys and gal were doing.

Back