oil change

train460

Registered
hey all. have to change the oil tonight.do i need to remove any plastics o change out oil AND filter?
didn't say anything about removal in the service manual.
thanks
Michael

Remove the three allen bolts on upper portion of the fairing FIRST! Then run masking tape over an inch or so along the edge (where you just removed the three bolts from) of the nose fairing. You'll thank yourself later for doing it; prevents the removed fairing brackets from scratching your paint! If Suzuki ever redesigns the busa, I hope they leave enough room in that bottom fairing slit to remove the oil filter without having to remove the fairing....what a hassle. You don't need to remove any plastic on the GSX-R1000s to get at the oil filter.

It's also a good time to check the air filter and replace the fan w/ a Muzzy fan. (Oh wait, that's what Im doing... also replacing stock air filter w/ a BMC)

I've been told you can do it without ENTIRELY removing the fairing but I have yet to try it. Anyone every do that?

--Wag--

Messy.... The filter is right over the header.... oil dripping everywhere.

Now just the oil, no filter... Yes
Use aluminum foil to redirect the oil dripping out of your filter into your oil pan. It's simple, keeps your pipes dry, and only takes a second to do.

thumbs-up.gif

Remove the three allen bolts on upper portion of the fairing FIRST! Then run masking tape over an inch or so along the edge (where you just removed the three bolts from) of the nose fairing. You'll thank yourself later for doing it; prevents the removed fairing brackets from scratching your paint! If Suzuki ever redesigns the busa, I hope they leave enough room in that bottom fairing slit to remove the oil filter without having to remove the fairing....what a hassle. You don't need to remove any plastic on the GSX-R1000s to get at the oil filter.
Wish I would have thought of the tape idea when I did mine. gotta couple of scratches when I did changed the oil.

like Rev said ..try usin..Aluminum foil Funnel..or I make a cardboard or paper Funnel for re-direction of said --> oil between the ..pipes. ..plus always have a can of "Brakeclean" on hand for ..that lil bit that may get on the pipes..
wink.gif

Back