Dino oil....

trolleywire

Registered
Hi there,

I know, I know, another oil question.....can you blame me...I just spent my entire savings on a shiney black limited edition 03 and want to make sure. The bike is at 9000 kms. Will it be fine to just run regular 10/40 dino oil if I change it often? Also, on these bike are you guys changing the filter every time or every other change? Thanks.

If your determined to use Dino just change it every couple thousand miles. I'd prolly swap out filter every 4K.

You could also change it once a month like RSD, or once a week or so like The Cheese...

But...BUT!  A good high quality Full Ester Synthetic will make your tranny feel like it just got a polishing job(Made a huge improvement in feel), your valvetrain will quiet down a little and I will swear that Silkolene Pro-4 10W-40 added a few ponies as well.

Weight wise stick to 10W-40. As far north as you are it's not going to really get hot enough for you to worry about using a higher weight, heavier oil and it is what Suzuki specifies...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081796697 -->

I'd go with a QUALITY full synth as the Rev says.
For what a filter costs, do it every change, it cant hurt!

Cheers

i change the filer every time i change the dino oil. Now i'm using a Auto syn-blend to see if there's any noticable difference. When I change it in mid may i will be going to Amsoil full syn and will also change the filter. Then I'll decide which works best for me!

Back