Hayabusa Oil Change - modded schedule - milages

sorry NO! or better YES ! it does mind me, in deed!

That kind of "stuff" thinking is just big bullshit
na * i ideas/thoughts are the worst in the world
like every other radical thinking / actions as a result of the thinking.

I condemn all radicalism where ever it comes from (politically) !

tolerance is the only real choice !

and if I write "dear / dears" at the intro of a post
it only should be a friendly intro (as a short form of "Dear colleagues ") - No "homo" or whatever else a reader might think .

and now - please ! lets go back to oil change and so on - thanks.

I think you missed my point here "dear" friend!

Berlin, getting back to your oil change, I change mine when it starts smelling like fish and chips. (Fries in America)

Just joking.

OK, serious now, I had my oil analysed by a laboratory, from the 600 mile service and all changes after that. My bike sits a lot, so sometimes I have four years go by before I change the oil. At 5000 mile changes (8000km) those lab tests suggest that the oil is still great at 5000 miles and could go a whole lot further.

Berlin, getting back to your oil change, I change mine when it starts smelling like fish and chips. (Fries in America)

Just joking.

OK, serious now, I had my oil analysed by a laboratory, from the 600 mile service and all changes after that. My bike sits a lot, so sometimes I have four years go by before I change the oil. At 5000 mile changes (8000km) those lab tests suggest that the oil is still great at 5000 miles and could go a whole lot further.
@jellyrug Full synthetic?

Just joking.

Just curious what oil type did you run/have tested?

Just curious what oil type did you run/have tested?
I started off with the MotoGP sponsors stuff ENI 5W40, but the Busa gearbox knocked the crap out of their viscosity additives. 500 miles and the viscosity went down to below SAE30. Then tried Mobil 1, same problem, even worse. Then went to Silkolene 5W40, expensive, but after 5000 miles the viscosity held up pretty good.

All those are full synthetic, not sure about the Mobil 1

I run Shell Rotella T6 5w 40 and I have for years in my past 5 bikes or so. It’s treated me well at reasonable cost for quite a sum of mileage. In general I think way too much thought Is put into oil used and change intervals. Especially when you consider most aren’t using their machine on the ragged edge and quite a few don’t ride enough for it to be an issue for them. Find what you like, run it and don’t look back, if you are OCD have it lab tested at a given interval then base your changes upon that data.

I have a riding buddy who has become quite legendary due to the mileage on his bike, over 300K now he has always used Mobil 1 synthetic car oil in his bike he changes his every 5,000 miles.

I started off with the MotoGP sponsors stuff ENI 5W40, but the Busa gearbox knocked the crap out of their viscosity additives. 500 miles and the viscosity went down to below SAE30. Then tried Mobil 1, same problem, even worse. Then went to Silkolene 5W40, expensive, but after 5000 miles the viscosity held up pretty good.

All those are full synthetic, not sure about the Mobil 1
Thanks just curious as that info is good to know about a given oil product

Amsoil. In all my bikes since almost new. Smoother shifting, runs cooler, lasts longer and no clutch slipping. My 82 CBX had 106,000 miles on it when I sold it, my 79 CBX had over 65,000 miles on it and my Hayabusa is now approaching 70,000 miles. My Ducati 999 had it and my new Kawasaki has it. I change it and the filter every 5,000 miles. Except for the CBXs, the oil still looked almost golden like fresh when I changed it. Good stuff!

(...) At 5000 mile changes (8000km) those lab tests suggest that the oil is still great at 5000 miles and could go a whole lot further.

yes!
thats what i think suzuki recognised too
and changed the oil change interval from 6000 to 12000 km

but the kind of general using the bike ("bakery visit" only) is an other very big point of interest.
what perhaps may (extremely ) shorten this interval.

Amsoil. In all my bikes since almost new. Smoother shifting, runs cooler, lasts longer and no clutch slipping. My 82 CBX had 106,000 miles on it when I sold it, my 79 CBX had over 65,000 miles on it and my Hayabusa is now approaching 70,000 miles. My Ducati 999 had it and my new Kawasaki has it. I change it and the filter every 5,000 miles. Except for the CBXs, the oil still looked almost golden like fresh when I changed it. Good stuff!
What type of amsoil?

What type of amsoil?

hmmmm

"major service "

sorry that i ask, but
does this also include changing the fork oil?
because 30,000 km is above the limit of the usual recommendations of 25,000 km at max.
A good friend changes this oil at his fj 1200 at least every 15,000 km or once a year.
this is actually a short interval, yes, but HIS fork is in optimal condition.
and don´t forget - a fork oil older than 5 years loses its lubricity and the fork might work improperly.
the bad oil you can smell - take only a little nose full of this smell - and pay attention not to puke caused by that smell

and

grease in all bearings in the rear
that also loses its lubricity and must be replaced at least every 5 years.
this is much more a question of age than mileage .

hmmmm

"major service "

sorry that i ask, but
because 30,000 km is above the limit of the usual recommendations of 25,000 km at max.
A good friend changes this oil at his fj 1200 at least every 15,000 km or once a year.
and don´t forget - a fork oil older than 5 years loses its lubricity and the fork might work improperly.
the bad oil you can smell - take only a little nose full of this smell - and pay attention not to puke caused by that smell

and

I just talked to a mechanic yesterday about the fork oil change. He told me (he personally) and most people he knows change the oil only if it leaks or if there is an issue. Performance wise (unless you go on a race track) there will be no difference.
I think changing the fork oil once a year is absolute overkill!

hmmmm

"major service "

sorry that i ask, but

and

I run Ohlins forks so my scheduling is different to an oem fork for warranty purposes.

My general servicing is based on knowledge for the company I work for, mind you I was doing servicing every 6000kms as per the handbook and changed that to every 10,000kms and have seen no difference in performance or the fluids once changed.

If I didn’t have 100% trust in the advice, I wouldn’t do it.

Back