Oil Burner @ Start up

traysbusa

Registered
I've logged about 1500 miles on it total since june of this year and at first I had a fuel fouling no.2 plug.It would start missing and after about 400 to 500 miles.Change the plug and it was wet with fuel and black.With the pcIII it ran rich at idle and black smoked on revs.About 3 weeks ago I decided to unplug the pcIII and see how it runs.After all my only real mods are to bolt on muffs and a k&n at the present.Runs great,no decel pop nothing ...BUT at start up now it smokes abit (def oil) and then goes away and runs fine afterwards,no smoke.
So My delima is this,I believe it to be possible valve seals from setting more than riding or I've been riding it harder than shes use to lol.It may have been doing this the whole time just the Very rich at start up and idle masked the light smoke.Any thoughts as what to do.Sell it and let some one else deal with it(of course let them know about it),Myself just deal with it?Pull the head and send it out,...Thanks for any input.

p.s I did a compression check when the first plug fouled and compression was good on all 4.Its an 01 with approx 13k showing.
Also is it possible to trade out the cluster for a lower mileage cluster to Fool the buyer as in me?I'm kinda wondering if this bike really has 13k on it.

You need a compression check and a leak down test to give you a correct answer.
It could be as simple as valve seals, to possible rings!

Back