Ohlins for the busa?

Welcome to the Org., there are some members in here that have the Ohlins setup on there Busa's but am not sure how much of a difference it makes as far as handling.

Ohlins suspension will help in the twisties but they're not cheap.  If you're a big boy it'll help you more.  Some people go with ohlins internals in the front and ohlins suspension in the rear.  Some spend all the money and go full ohlins all around.  Then you want better brakes.  How about Brembo, $$$$$.   Oh and don't forget to drop weight and get some magnesium wheels,  $$$$$.  Or carbon fiber wheels, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

But if you're going to drop thousands in suspension(and possibly brakes/wheels), why not buy a track bike...

and keep the busa...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122774727 -->

^
l
l
Jealous cuz HE wants Ohlins on his Busa!
tounge.gif

I'm sure I could get Ohlins for my Busa at a REAL GOOD PRICE... Charles, you wan't some Ohlins...

Just saw a company in 2wheel Tuner magazine for insert cartridges from a company called GP Racing includes all the internals for the front forks.

I guess Ohlins had inserts also 25mm
rock.gif

I also saw springs and emulator valves from Racetech.

Hmmm, got the magnesium wheels so I guess I better make a suspension choice huh?

Who knows!!

man.. thats wild... not one damn OEM part in that whole pic!.. well maybe the fairing bolts.. hahah.

neat... how much improvement did the radial mounts/wave rotors give ya?

man.. thats wild... not one damn OEM part in that whole pic!.. well maybe the fairing bolts.. hahah.

neat... how much improvement did the radial mounts/wave rotors give ya?
Big improvement with the radial mounts. I always felt the Busa lacked in braking and this more than made up for it. Although not a track bike, she does real good in the N Carolina mountains

Yep.. I believe thats my biggest problem with the 'busa on a track is the braking..,. I can give up a little in the corners and make that back up pretty quick to somebody on about the same level as me... but when you gotta start before the first marker, and they hold it wide open to the 3rd... lol

can't do much with that.

sweet ride I'm sure.

The Ohlins on my busa made a very big difference. Ohlins RT front with upgraded internals and Ohlins rear shock with remote height adjuster.

P1290002.jpg
Very, nice. how much weight have you shaved off of your busa?
She is just a little over 480 lbs, full of fuel.

Not much left to remove or change now. I did the alum subframe and lightweight wheels. They were the biggest weight changes.

But, full of fuel is only 3.5 gallons now

My ohlins sup. made all the difference in the world with the rest of my mods.  Kept up with liter bikes pretty easy on the track.

<!--EDIT|StreetnTrack
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122786203 -->

yes the ohlins shock did make a difference. i have a 04 busa with ohlins springs, spring rate for my weight, and an ohlins rear shock , with macthing spring rate. it made a hell of difference. i am pretty happy with it now expect for the brakes. all i have in front are steel braded lines and HH pads. for me it is hard to say how much more i could get out of it will the full forks, but i do plan to put on lighter wheels and better brakes. would you say that the forks really are worth it? i primarily do corners fast on the street and the occasional track day.

holy smokes, you have a full mod list? what kind of swingarm is that? and are those cf wheels? gah, drooling, uncontrollably...

Back