Oh Yeah!  Got her up on one!

(jjmetheny @ May 28 2007,08:17)
(dadofthree @ May 28 2007,04:58)
lurk.gif
I hope that's a dead battery on the floor  
SHOCKED.gif
What's the big deal about a battery sitting on the floor?
nothing... i build aircraft batteries for the Air Force on occasion and putting them on the ground does nothing...  some say it discharges them, but i've never seen it...

I'm putting this to the test dammit. Every battery I own is going on the floor.

Next thing you know, somebody will say the moon isn't made out of cheese.  
jump9.gif

I've never had a battery go dead from sitting on the concrete.

I just happened to have 3 dead batteries in the garage because we were getting the boat ready for summer, so I had to go buy new ones.

----------

I took the hump off the back of the bike, stood her up and used the beam inside the storage space to hold the bike steady while I lined up the stand. The 2x4 sounds like a good idea though, thanx!

Putting it up on the rear stand is not so bad. I hate dropping it back down
smile.gif
Since the bike is rolling forward, that's an excellent opportunity for the side stand to fold. I'm not strong enough to hold the bike up by the hump.

I built a stand from square and angle steel for my sv and it slid under the bike and pivoted forward. I could hold the bike and use my foot to push it up and over. But it bolts to the swing arm so it is somewhat of a hassle.

I think I have a pic around here somewhere...

I used my body weight on the stand's handle to slowly lower the bike back down... with my hand still holding the brace inside the storage hump and it went smoothe. Than again... I'm a big guy (GrapeApe), so I assume that helped.

Yep, it is one sweet color. I walked into the bike shop looking to get some parts for my quad and saw that on the floor and became love-sick instantly! Had to have it!
beerchug.gif

I lived without stands for nearly two years. Put mine up on a stand for the first time in late April of this year.

Fortunately, a .Org member, DR1300, held a clinic up in Robinsville on how to put the bike up and down on the rear stand. Now, I can do it with no more effort than finding my bike in this pic:
Nice color BTW...

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back