Oh my god!!!

MCDADAS??? JACK IN THE CRACK??? where did you people learn to accept that "swill" as coffee?? Two tablespoons(level) to each cup(6-8oz.). Get a 4cup maker at wallys-- cheap- plug into generator- BUY GOOD FRESH GROUND COFFEE. If yer really hardcore(such as me)you'll have a little HEAVY CREAM to go with that.

(Suijuris @ Aug. 31 2007,09:04) MCDADAS??? JACK IN THE CRACK??? where did you people learn to accept that "swill" as coffee?? Two tablespoons(level) to each cup(6-8oz.). Get a 4cup maker at wallys-- cheap- plug into generator- BUY GOOD FRESH GROUND COFFEE. If yer really hardcore(such as me)you'll have a little HEAVY CREAM to go with that.
Sorry, not good enough...

Order Jamaican Blue Mountain Wallenford Estates Peaberry beans on the internet. (Beans are different sizes, so when they are roasted they get some overdone, some underdone. These guys screen them to different grades, peaberry are the best-small, evenly sized so they all roast perfectly. This coffee is what they serve to the President at the White House.) ($28/lb plus shipping)

Get a grinder, keep them in a vacuum container and grind them fresh. Get a Krups four-cupper to brew, it pulse-brews to stir and distribute the grounds while brewing to best get all the flavor out of the brew process.

Add just enough sweetener to taste, and for God's sake don't put CREAM in it!!
SHOCKED.gif

Hi, my name is Shibumi and I'm a coffee snob since 1995 and I've NO intentions of ever quitting...
laugh.gif

BA's bringing a generator. Do you have a small coffee maker? You can prolly get one for $15 (the small 6 cup ones) and just plug her in.

Actually when I go on a trip, I get my Coffee by going DOWN STAIRS to the Breakfast area at the Hampton Inn. It's Good, Free with Donuts and Bagles included
jump9.gif

If you have power, I have an extra 4 cup coffee maker with me. You can never be too careful when it comes to coffee supplies.

(DaCol. @ Aug. 31 2007,20:08) Actually when I go on a trip, I get my Coffee by going DOWN STAIRS to the Breakfast area at the Hampton Inn. It's Good, Free with Donuts and Bagles included
jump9.gif
That's how I do mine too. I was told that coffee would be hard to come by in Utah, so I brough plenty off coffee and a coffee maker just to be sure.

if u go to a truck stop they sell 12 volt appliances there and a coffee maker goes for like 15 bucks and it plugs in ur lighter
beerchug.gif

Start with a good Starbucks blend of your choice.  Buy it ground.  

Get a pot, preferably a coffee pot, in which to boil water.  You will need a #2 paper filter.

The key to this is buy a Melita single cup coffee maker (about $8).  I don't know the exact name of it, but it's a plastic device that sits on top of your coffee cup.  It has a handle attached to the plastic "cup" part that is shaped to hold the #2 paper filters.

Boil water.  Put paper filter in Melita holder.  Put coffee in filter.  Place the filter with the coffee on top of your cup.  Pour in hot water.  

This method is so good that it is what I use every morning, even at home.  The only difference being that I grind my beans fresh eash morning.  I just returned from a camping trip to Yellowstone and this is how I made my coffee every morning.

Lou: Starbucks Doubleshots...those lovely little cans of wonder! Pack 'em up, & keep 'em on ice...though they're good at any temperature. I think you'll find them very satisfying.

Scar

Stainless Steel Percolator for camping. Not the greatest but it beats most gas station coffee except the HESS right of off 95 in Daytona, the coffee there rocks...
wink.gif

Back