Finger Wag

JrGMan

Registered
Was reading Scotty-12's post about the police officer who wrote "huge break" on his citation. It brought to mind a tremendously funny experience that has happened to me 3 times while riding the 'Busa. In three instances I have passed a law enforcement officer going the other way who wagged his index finger at me in a very animated manner for "alleged" speeding.  
whistling.gif
     On each occasion my response has been the same - laugh very loudly in my helmet and accelerate! I am 48 years old and haven't had someone wag their finger at me like this since my Mom when I was growing up.
By reading this post you might get the wrong idea; that I am a scofflaw jerk. Maybe I am but I have spent my adult life working in law enforcement and struggle with being a hypocrite. It seems like the Hayabusa brings out the holligan in all of us... Has anyone here ever gotten the wag or better yet, any leo's care to admit to giving the wag to a bike??
laugh.gif

I saw our Ex Pres Bill Clinton do the Finger Wag lots of times, and each time it was
rofl.gif

got off running 140+ in a 50 (McKellips Road between Mesa and Tempe AZ)
whistling.gif

Yes, was a city cop in a small town in the other lane in a line of tourist traffic. I was day dreaming on my last bike and was still going 60 in a 30 zone coming into his town. Wag his finger was all he could do, by the time he could turn around I would have been out the other side of his town and county property again. It's the sticks, I love it here.
laugh.gif

I've already had finger wags at me and have only had the busa 1 week, and I wasn't even speeding or doing ANYTHING wrong.

I had a state trooper shoot his radar gun like he was in the" Wild Wild West" at me. I laughed and kept riding lol

cruising about 15-20 over through Memphis in a rainstorm when i heard the sirens, grabbed as much of a handful of brake as i could on the wet roads as two motorcycle cops rode past in the lane beside mine in big yellow slickers shaking their heads and laughing behind their huge Hardley windshields...one shook his finger at me while the other just waved...i just waved back and continued on to Illinois
beerchug.gif

Late at nite on isolated secondary road, best curves in area going about 30 over with two buds on zx10's. Out of no where brake lights start flashing from shoulder of road. Georgia State Patrol or as they call them selves "Gods special people." He either didn't want the hassle or had another donut to go.
laugh.gif

I was cruising home from work a couple weeks back, no traffic to speak of(6:30am) kinda day dreaming a bit. Around 70-72 in a 60. When out of nowhere comes a Trooper right by me grinning, giving me the finger wag, then takes off like a bat out of heck.... So I sped up(he was rollin about 85-90) and stayed about 50 yds off his bumper all the way to my exit(about 20mi)and when i flipped the blinker on he waved "bye" to me...then gave me the finger wag again as I slowed down for my exit. I figure he must have been a rider too...

Yes.. A beautiful female police officer did that to me just before she pulled me over and spanked
spank.gif
me instead of writing me a ticket...

I was leading a group of 10 bikes on 1431 outside Austin going 45 mph behind a slow azz group of Harleys & cop waves & wags. Officer ... were we going too slow???

probably dissapointed in you for A) letting the HD's lead, or B) putting up with the noise and riding behind them
firedevil.gif

We did a group ride, several from this board were there. We rode through Ocal Nat'l Forest at over 150, there were around 20 of us, I was about the middle of the pack as we passed an officer with a radar gun standing outside his vehicle. Right as I passed I saw him just put his gun down and shrug. I guess he waited until we all passed then began again.

Kevin

Here is the link to that thread

Back