Throttle Body Synch Day

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
You may remember the from last month. Well, Nelson and Chris came over today and we synch'd theirs as well.

Nelson's is identical to mine except he has a power commander. We disconnected the Power Commander to synch up. Now the bike run's SMOOOOOOOoooooooooth! Very nice. Buttoned it all back up, test drove it, runs beautifully!

Then we did Chris'. His is an 04 and for this one, we left the power commander hooked up. Again, it came out SMOOOOOOOOooooooooth! Very nice.

Buttoned up Chris' and realized Wag had forgotten to put the washer back on the the IAT sensor before bolting it back into the air box. Indeed, we found TWO of them and realized Wag had forgotten the one on Nelson's bike too. Took the bikes apart again enough to put the damn things back on. Buttoned them both up again.

Jumped on Chris' to test drive and fired it up.

It jumps to 5,000 rpm instantly. Damn. Forgot to reset the idle adjustment. Lifted the tank and adjusted it again. Wrapped it back up. Chris looks at me and says, "What's this screw go to?"

I say, "Shitt. It's the screw that bolts the IAP sensor to the back of the air box. Tore into it again and screw it into place. Button it up AGAIN! Jump on it and test ride. Runs DAMN nice!!!

Ms. Wag says, "Who's hungry?"

Screw the BBQ, we jump on the bikes and ride 30 miles to The Hat in San Dimas for some great Pastramis. Then jump on the bikes to go to GMR. Great ride! Met Greg on a red Ducati and he gives us his card. Ride back down the mountain to wrap up a great day!

Notes:

1. When working in Wag's garage, keep a checklist of stuff to bolt back on the bike.

2. When working in Wag's garage, use fans. Synching the TB's fumes up the place bad enough to make your eyes water. A lot.

3. When doing work at Wag's garage, start early and hit the road afterward. Nothing better than a great ride afterward!

Had a great time Nelson. Thanks for buying dinner and thanks for all the cigarettes!

Let's do another ride soon.

--Wag--

Lou's a great guy!

Speaking of, when are you going to get a dyno
poke.gif

As noted on another thread,<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>A BIG THANKS TO YOU Wag & Ms Wag</span>... The Busa feels way smoooother. Amazing what a simple adjusment can do... Here's to you Wag & Ms Wag
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

u almost forgot when riding in the canyon "MAKE SURE U GET DOWN BEFORE DARK FALLS
Yet another valuable tip from the guys at h.org!

biggrin.gif

It was cold up there but hey! We can ride during the "winter" here!

--Wag--

If you have to hate the left coast, that's the best reason, right there!

As noted on another thread,<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>A BIG THANKS TO YOU Wag & Ms Wag</span>... The Busa feels way smoooother. Amazing what a simple adjusment can do... Here's to you Wag & Ms Wag  
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
You guys are more than welcome. Any time! Even if it's just an easy oil change.

--Wag--

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Wag: Where did you get your synch tool? Is it the mercury type, or the one with the rods in it? How much did it cost?

I've got to synch my carbs on the track bike, so I'm researching as much as I can before I start.

Thanks in advance
cool.gif

Wag: Where did you get your synch tool? Is it the mercury type, or the one with the rods in it? How much did it cost?

I've got to synch my carbs on the track bike, so I'm researching as much as I can before I start.

Thanks in advance
cool.gif
If not mistaken, I think the sync tool that Wag has is made by Motion Pro, mercury type...

Wag:  Where did you get your synch tool?  Is it the mercury type, or the one with the rods in it?  How much did it cost?

Thanks in advance
cool.gif
If not mistaken, I think the sync tool that Wag has is made by Motion Pro, mercury type...
yes it was a motion pro and if i am correct he said that he paid $80 for it, but stkr00 u might wanna pm wag cuz i think if he had to do it again he wouldn't buy the mercury one.

Wag:  Where did you get your synch tool?  Is it the mercury type, or the one with the rods in it?  How much did it cost?

Thanks in advance
cool.gif
Yup. As Nelson and Chris said, it's a Motion Pro, mercury stick type.

And I wouldn't do mercury again if I had to do it over. I think mercury is simply too poisonous to have around the garage.

There is a dial guage version, also put out by Motion Pro which I would get instead, if I had to do it again. The difference, however, is that the mercury sticks are $80 while the electronic one is two or three times that.

Having said alla that, the sticks do a very fine job of it, to be sure.

--Wag--

Thanks in advance
cool.gif
Yup.  As Nelson and Chris said, it's a Motion Pro, mercury stick type.  

And I wouldn't do mercury again if I had to do it over.  I think mercury is simply too poisonous to have around the garage.  

There is a dial guage version, also put out by Motion Pro which I would get instead, if I had to do it again.  The difference, however, is that the mercury sticks are $80 while the electronic one is two or three times that.

Having said alla that, the sticks do a very fine job of it, to be sure.

--Wag--
Thanks for the info Wag
beerchug.gif

Back