Oh my god!!!

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
This is a DIRE emergency!!!

I'll be leaving for our track day at Miller in a couple hours and it just occurred to me,

I DON'T HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE MAKING COFFEE AT A CAMP SITE!!!!

Help! What the he!! am I supposed to do?!

Worse yet, what if someone else brings that Folger's crap? I'm gonna diiiiiiieeee!

Or someone else is . . . .
poke.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I'll check back in a while to read what life-saving techniques y'all have to offer!

LMAO

--Wag--

Well it don't taste quite like coffee but it is universally excepted for getting a party started.  
beerchug.gif

SHOCKED.gif
 Got Beer

Or if coffee is your thing they make campfire coffee pots! Sell them at Wal-mart. No filter required as its built into the pot...

Put a spoonful of coffee gounds in your mouth, take a big swig of hot water, swish to combine, swallow!
coffee.gif

Lou -
What you need is a VAULT! Makes that other soft drink look like a "Dew Nothing"!
wow.gif
laugh.gif

"The ratio of coffee grounds to water should be 1/2 cup grounds to every 3 cups of water. This will produce a strong and flavorful coffee to wake the most sluggish pilgrim. The grounds and water are placed together in a large pot. Set the water to boil and allow it boil steadily for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and add a cup or so of cold water. The cold water will cause the grounds to sink to the bottom of the pot, so that when the coffee is poured into a cup it does not maintain a crunchy quality. "

I had something like this when I was in Iraq... It literally saved my life. Without decent coffee I would have violated the geneva convention...

coffee maker

You obviously don't have to buy a french model...hahhahhhaa

You just have to be able to boil water... I really think that an expressor makes better coffee than any conventional drip or percolater cofffee maker. No joke.

ok here is what you do...When the people camping next to make their coffee distract them and then go steel the pot they just made.....Works every time....
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

Let me think  
coffee.gif
, what about just riding down the road to McDonalds and getting your thermos filled
wink.gif

I dunno. . . .

I like Jack in the Box coffee, though.

--Wag--

Campfire coffee ftw! Thats how we do it when we camp out with our Boy Scout troop. Nothing better on a Sunday morning!

(Wag @ Aug. 31 2007,08:09) McDonalds?

Read this:

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
Ahemmm...

Consumer Reports research found McDonald's new coffee to be the BEST in the US over Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc.

And they even put in whatever amount of cream, sugar, equal, or splenda you want and stir it for you.

"Hoping that consumers are fed up with asking Starbucks for “double-caramel skim half-caf macchiato†before they’ve even had their jolt of joe, Burger King, Dunkin’ Donuts, and McDonald’s have been boosting their coffee cachet.

McDonald’s Premium issues the slightly icky invitation to “wake up and smell your life†with a “richer, bolder†coffee; BK Joe suggests that you “wake up with the Kingâ€; Dunkin’ Donuts touts its usual coffee, but with more flavors and attitude. “My mouth can’t form these words,†customers in a recent ad sing when faced with the options in a fancy shop: Himan plu cento, for one.

We compared the rivals with Starbucks, all in basic black--no flavors, milk, or sugar--and you know what? McDonald’s beat the rest. Our trained tasters, who visited two locations from each company, spill the beans below (prices are an average of what we paid for the closest thing to a medium cup).

McDonald's, $1.35, was decent and moderately strong. Although it lacked the subtle top notes needed to make it rise and shine, it had no flaws.

Burger King, $1.40, looked like coffee but tasted more like hot water. It was a little sour, with an unusual hint of chocolate.

Dunkin' Donuts, $1.65, was weak, watery, and pricier than Starbucks. It was inoffensive, but it had no oomph. (If you brew with Dunkin’ beans at home, you can make it stronger.)

Starbucks, $1.55, was strong, but burnt and bitter enough to make your eyes water instead of open.

CR's take. Try McDonald’s, which was cheapest and best, or make your own coffee--just call it something special. The other three were all only OK, but for different reasons."

So don't go hatin'...

(Wag @ Aug. 31 2007,07:27) I DON'T HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE MAKING COFFEE AT A CAMP SITE!!!!

Help! What the he!! am I supposed to do?!
Drink water instead. It tastes and smells a heckuva lot better than coffee anyway!
tounge.gif

Back