Oh boy, what a day.

+1 on no contact.
no joking calls or anything that could be used against you by a sneering jury.

I know your joking..

Also you should just go about it as if it were any other injury.
Go to emergency and say you got hit and go thru the motions.
Be prepared to stay all day. Get xray and mri of your lower spine as well as neck.
No joke you need to establish a condition on record asap if thats your line of action.
If not later it will be hard to prove you sustained ant injury that developed if you dont have films showing first hours after.
If you do develop probs they will show up in diffs noticeable on MRI and Xray films.
I hope you have good ins cuz that one day will rack up about 1k in xrays and 4k for the MRI. If you have group ins your prolly ok. Individual plan you will get bills until the case is settled. If you yourself do not make arrangements to pay these bills and they go late it will affect your credit. Doesnt matter if your fixing to win a million the med bills will need to be taken care of. Set up like a $20 dollar a month plan and pay as little as poss to keep them open and active . It will just be that much less you will have to pay out of any settlement you may get.
The last thing you do is call an atty. Go thru the ER, see your normal doc, talk with them and then on the advise of your Dr seek counsel.
If you rush out and obtain atty it may stink a bit.

Also and lastly remember your on candid camera. The ins company you will be suing has their own investigators and their job is you. Let them see you doing what we all see , climbing the ladder onto roof with a back injury and your done. Do things , just dont over do them.

Sorry for the long post but how do I know ?

'Runt Ova' on I95 by granny in her Town Car , OVER !
2 yrs later I wound up with a little but it did not seem worth it.

Back