Odessa, TX Police Dept AGAIN. WTF

Same here in Milwaukee. One night there was a group of us out for a ride during a big event downtown. We rolled up to a stop light and there was a motorcycle oficer stopped at the light just ahead of us. 2 people in our group started to light up their tires with the cop right in fornt of them. When the light turned green the cop waved all of us pass him and gave the thumbs up and waved.

Unless we are shooting the place up, they are fairly cool with bikes around here.

It's crazy to me to think local police officers actually do this. Our local cops(Toledo PD and Lucas County Sheriff's) are very lax towards bike riders, maybe to lax sometimes. I'll nod or wave at every cop I come up next to, pass, etc. and they do the same back. During the summer time we have a lot of the local cities that have motorcycle mounted officers and they are also very cool to deal with. I guess we're lucky

They are that way with cruisers here in bama. Sportbikes they are tuff on. I have been pulled several times and all but once they didn't even ask for license after they saw I was a more mature person.

so one of the random things I like to do is look at all the various ads in the back of the motorcycle magazines I get...never know what kinda crap or genius products you will find :laugh:

This one seems to be in the genius category and certainly something you will want to look into. They have not released it yet but I do plan on buying a few when they are out :thumbsup:

I could also see our buddy Tim buying these for his tour rides :thumbsup:

RemotePack Hero2 - Products

The most exciting and innovative accessory for the GoPro Hero2 camera. Allows operation of the camera from distances of up to feet(33 meters.) Save’s SD card space and radically improves battery life of the camera.

What’s included

-Waterproof RemotePack Remote with long life(up to seven years)

-RemotePack receiver that charges while you charge the camera. Receiver batteries last up to 3 weeks between charges

-Tough polycarbonate skeleton back door with improved wind noise resistance fits just like the Gopro Original Equipment. Also includes loops for improved mounting configurations.

-Tough polycarbonate waterproof back door fits just like GoPro original equipment. loops for remote mounting.

-Elastic mounting strap that can be used to mount the camera through the back door loops.

-Rugged transmitter mount with self adhesive back for mounting to motorcycle tanks etc.

When in one-button mode, turn your camera on or off without touching the camera. No more fumbling for the camera’s ON/OFF button.
Transmit ON/OFF control to up to 100 cameras with AmPio Receivers.
Mounting the ON/OFF Transmitter in a more accessible place will make camera operation safer in critical activities such as motorcycle racing, skiing, surfing and many others.
Conserve valuable battery life by turning camera on and off at will and from up to 100 feet away.
Optimize your SD card space by capturing only what you want when you want.
Eliminate camera shake during the ON/OFF sequence.

They are that way with cruisers here in bama. Sportbikes they are tuff on. I have been pulled several times and all but once they didn't even ask for license after they saw I was a more mature person.

Check bama state law. In SC if you're pulled over the officer has to put paper in your hand. No verbal warnings. These laws come from citizens complaining about being stopped for what seems to be no reason. Believe it or not in some officers hearts they're trying to save someones life by putting a little fear in them vs. citing them for they're aggressive riding / driving.

Forget his superiors file a complaint with IA and if not FBI — Color of Law But you will need proof . Did you talk to the guy with pick up truck for his video??? You will need video proof to being harassed what they may end up doing is taking turns. Till you get enough proof I suggest you ride like an angel. Keep your cool because pissing you off makes it easier for them.

It's crazy to me to think local police officers actually do this. Our local cops(Toledo PD and Lucas County Sheriff's) are very lax towards bike riders, maybe to lax sometimes. I'll nod or wave at every cop I come up next to, pass, etc. and they do the same back. During the summer time we have a lot of the local cities that have motorcycle mounted officers and they are also very cool to deal with. I guess we're lucky

It is sad but it does happen, I knew a city cop who was harassing the guy dating his ex, he even got some his fellow officers to help if it was always him it would be easy to spot. The guy just kept taking it an kept recording after a month or 2 he ended getting them all 1 was Sgt who got demoted and they all ended up off duty for some time. I am guessing if he had complained to the FBI instead punishment would have been harsher.

You mean an Old Fart ridin a busa :rofl:

:moon:

I am an old fart and I ride a Busa, got 6 other bikes in the garage tagged and ready to ride,
It also helps being retired, And I know Carl, Roger, John and most of the old gang, I am one of them ha.
I agree with everyone on here, The camera is the way to go, Best way to show evidence,,
Back in the day I used to carry a small tape recorder (They got them real small now) with me,
It got me out of a few tickets until the word got out,
Maybe I will get out a little this coming summer and hit the old hang outs,
Mike
Mike

instead of the police I'd call the Sheriffs office
Unless the Sheriff and Police Chief are bitter enemies that will not get you anywhere. That's why I suggested a state agency if he didn't get satisfaction locally.

Oh, the local TV News Channel help line is always good to :rofl:

Back