Odessa, TX Police Dept AGAIN. WTF

Chris79761TX

Registered
Ok some of you may remember my thread about Odessa, TX PD's finest questioning me while I was just sitting at a 7-11 drinking my soda. Well here SOMEONE ON A SPORT BIKE HAS REALLY TICKED THESE GUYS OFF OR THEY THINK THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAWS THEY ENFORCE. I was at a red light on 42nd street which is a major street in the thriving megaplex of Odessa, TX....lol . Anyway as I was at the light I see out of the corner of my eye to my right aprox 10" from my side a headlight and black hood coming up next to me sharing my lane. I look over and raise my arms like " WTF" and notice it is the same cop that had an attitude with me at 7-11 when I answered the one cop's question how fast my bike went and answered " the speed limit" anyway. He just glares at me for questioning why he is trying to share my lane. The light turns green I proceed to the next light he comes up next to me again sharing my lane with the front of his car. at the next light which is red I stop again and he pulls up closer to my side. I look at him again raising my arms like "WTF is your problem"? A pick up truck next to me on the left rolls down his window and yells what is he doing? I replied I have no idea. He starts to video the officers actions with his phone. I got the PD car number. The light turns green I proceed to change lanes with turn signal and hand signal
he wouldn't back off. I sped up alittle to make my turn. I made my turn and parked and called the Police Dept and asked to talk to a supervisor. Mean while up the road the officer did pull over the truck who was video taping the cop on his actions. I spoke to the police supervising officer told him about what was going on. He said he will call me back I gave him the squad number and of course they ask for your phone number and address and all that crap. Well to my surprize the supervisor called me back an hour later. says he spoke with the officer and he deny's ever doing anything like that and never would put the public in danger. i have a feeling I am really going to be harassed now since he has my address. I am getting a Gopro mounted on my bike. hell they have dash cam so I can do the same.
I know I am rambling now so I will stop right here.

Last edited:
That sucks bro. Call the sup back and tell him you want to view the dash cam video. Putting a GoPro on any bike is a wise idea. Stay safe and remember that not all police are like that. This dude just has a chip on his shoulder. I think Dad of 3 is a cop, PM him and ask him what he thinks you shoud do.

i prefer riding out of town. but the problem is if you ever need anything it is all on 42nd ST. And to go hang out anywhere it too is on 42nd ST.

I say ignore him (with the camera running). Keep a written record of your call yesterday and who you spoke to. So if he does it again you can call the supervisor back and tell him that a) he did it again, b) he LIED to the supervisor, and c) the next person that calls will be your attorney.

wow, someones got a problem with you, too bad you didnt get the video from the guy in the truck, better yet maybe he will take it to the station to show them what was going on. Too bad he's doing that just remember they get some bad eggs too.

You should have left slowly from first light and let him go ahead of you.
You'll never win so just let it go.

I say ignore him (with the camera running). Keep a written record of your call yesterday and who you spoke to. So if he does it again you can call the supervisor back and tell him that a) he did it again, b) he LIED to the supervisor, and c) the next person that calls will be your attorney.

I concur...documentation so you can take it to someone higher than him. Unreal...

My opinion.........You called his supervisor and he knows it. You are now screwed. Oh so very screwed. He will probably leave you alone. One of his cop buddies will probably ticket you for something as soon as he sees you. Sorry...

The guy in the truck videoing is key to this. Did you tell the supervisor that? They can figure out who it was by call out times, contact him and see about getting the video.

Odessa, where the hell is that? LOL, just joking
Its a oil BOOM town, All the good officers have taken jobs in the oil field for three times the money..
The police force is under manned and they have to lower there hiring standards just to have the man power on the streets, The State DPS have done the same thing.
I am not sure if your a local or you moved in with the oil boom, Odessa has grown about 40% in the past couple of years its crazy out there, Everyone running around out there with a new truck and a pocket full of money and 80% do not speak English...
Welcome to Odessa
Mike

So yall still hang out at the local starbucks on Friday nights leave to ride about 9pm then meet up at the chevron to watch the drunks at 2 so your somewhat safe?????

If you see Carl.... tell him Joseph said hi. if you hang out with the group of folks out there you will know who im talking about.

Here is what I'd do! I'd write a letter detailing the event and send it to the Cheif of police and cc a copy to the prosecuting attorney. Include date/time/place etc. as well as the person whom you spoke with on duty at that time. Letters of misbehavior will go into his record file and no cop wants that. It becomes a perminant part of his record.

By sending a cc to the prosecuting attorney the police chief will have a tough time trashing your letter and never filing it. Send both letters certified mail with signature required.

I have lived in Odessa for a while now. I lived way on the south side and moved over to the east side. Ya the city has grown. and alot of guys with a pocket full of money and buy a sportbike and fly up and down the streets not wearin a helmet or a protective jacket. They tend to give us all a bad name. I think i will just take the 338 around to get to Corky's from now on.....lol

i prefer riding out of town. but the problem is if you ever need anything it is all on 42nd ST. And to go hang out anywhere it too is on 42nd ST.

You nor anyone else ( criminals are the exception ) should feel like they can't go anywhere. Here it's called harassment. If you have been factual here, my advice is to have a written complaint and ask for a meeting with the chief of police. At this meeting hand your written complaint to him and ask him to reply to your written complaint in writing. If you're not satisfied that the harassment will stop. Contact a state agency.

A little side story. Everytime I crank my bike it draws attention. I've heard others on here explain that our bikes look fast sitting :laugh: More often than not I will meet one or two officers within several miles of leaving my neighborhood. I have a Sgt with the SCHP living next door and a Chief Investigator with the City I live in living at the top of my neighborhood. The Sgt use to sit in the right of way just around the first corner coming off my neighborhood. Everytime I would leave home and head to town it seemed he was sitting there. This started shortly after he moved in. I asked an old trooper friend of mine what the deal was one day and he laughed and told me that my neighbor has a butt load of paperwork to keep up with and that he sits there because the house next to him has good unsecured internet. He has since stopped parking there. Maybe the guy figured out how to secure his server. I don't know and I don't care. As long as I ride within the law I'm alright. Still it made me wonder.

I use to get followed a lot through town and would often see City cops do a u turn in front of the Mexican restaurant I typically eat lunch at every day. I just laugh about it. I own a Hayabusa. I'm not canonized ( a saint )

It's crazy to me to think local police officers actually do this. Our local cops(Toledo PD and Lucas County Sheriff's) are very lax towards bike riders, maybe to lax sometimes. I'll nod or wave at every cop I come up next to, pass, etc. and they do the same back. During the summer time we have a lot of the local cities that have motorcycle mounted officers and they are also very cool to deal with. I guess we're lucky

It's crazy to me to think local police officers actually do this. Our local cops(Toledo PD and Lucas County Sheriff's) are very lax towards bike riders, maybe to lax sometimes. I'll nod or wave at every cop I come up next to, pass, etc. and they do the same back. During the summer time we have a lot of the local cities that have motorcycle mounted officers and they are also very cool to deal with. I guess we're lucky

Same here in Milwaukee. Unless I'm shooting guns off while on my bike, they don't care at all... :laugh:

Back