Odessa Tx Police officer 7-11 Converstion. He thought I was being a wise ass

I kind of like your "speed limit" response. Yeah, a little smart alecky, but what the heck.

Thinking about this, the speed limit could be 180mph, where your speed limiter kicks in.

There is an old saying amoungst LE management..."one AH copper erases 10 years of good community relations". Other LEO's suffer bad attitudes from the public because, at least partly, of a few power based, personalityless officers. When I was a Sergeant in Los Angeles, you wouldn't believe some of the aggressive and stupid approaches some officers took toward NORMAL, decent citizens(that I had to investigate). That said, there are 1000's of good cops all over this country that would run into a burning building to save our kids. I think you did fine with them, I think Skydivr's suggestion would have been quite effective as well. Raydog

To teach them a lesson, you could have gone all TV show on them. Pulled out a pistol and shoot cop #2 then cop #1. Then get on your bike and ride away. That would have taught them a lesson TV show style!!!! Plus you would not be pissed off about the encounter, you would have worked out any hostility.........

Cop: So how fast does this bike go?
Me: Faster then your Cop car:laugh:.
Cop: Hmmm. how fast does it go?
Me: A LOT Faster then your Cop car.:laugh:

from experience that doesnt work and works even less when you stop for a cop when another ones clocked you they like to arrest you for fleeing and eluding when you stop. Then you explain that the federal goverment states that the bike will do 186 and that the state limits their car at 129... when the other cop says you were clocked @160 and still accelerating they dont like that your faster than their car

Believe me, you can't outrun the radio...and I'm not telling why I know that...a LONG time ago....

Not always true, you sure indeed can outrun the radio. Just don't panic and think about what you are doing. Not that I have ever done such a thing.

I'm all about helping the police catch a bike thief! Now, if I happened to be recently speeding in the area, I might not want to offer much else in the way of assistance!:laugh:

Believe me, you can't outrun the radio...and I'm not telling why I know that...a LONG time ago....
I beg to differ....Can't outrun the chopper, but they don't have one in this area.
I have heard that it is possible to outrun the local, county and state constabulary around here, particularly if you have a 150 mph head start:whistle:
I in no way condone eluding the authorities, it's not wise. If however they should happen to witness you doing something you are going to go to jail for anyway......

Guys don't even elude to ever having run. If you're involved in an altercation with the law, you even look like you're running and something happens where someone gets hurt posts like that can make you look really bad in court.

YMMV and all that.

Arrested at 19 for sort of the same thing, treating the two cops with respect, and they cursing at me, so I returned the favor. Disorderly conduct, held for two hours, paid my $35. You have got to play the game, as the song says,

Authority always wins....:werd:

Next time a cop asks you how fast your bike is reply 'a lot faster than your squad car, wanna see?'
And leave em in a smoky burnout.

Well maybe not :laugh:

I beg to differ....Can't outrun the chopper, but they don't have one in this area.
I have heard that it is possible to outrun the local, county and state constabulary around here, particularly if you have a 150 mph head start:whistle:
I in no way condone eluding the authorities, it's not wise. If however they should happen to witness you doing something you are going to go to jail for anyway......

Now I'm disagreeing with your disagreement! One time at 3am I'm sitting blacked out in my police car with partner, writing a report and.....w/b Century Blvd came a black 930 Turbo Porsche at about 140 mph on a surface street! I went into pursuit (including on the radio) and coincidently a chopper was in the air. The suspect entered the freeway and the helo intercepted it so I broke off the pursuit since I was so far behind. Suddenly the helo pilot came on the air, "SRC, be advised, the suspect vehicle is loosing us, our max airspeed is 170 mph and vehicle is n/b i/s 405 at approx 190mph, all aircraft with faster topspeed are grounded at this time, we are calling off this pursuit". I was flabergasted! The dirtbag outran a freeking chopper! There's a lot more to this story but I thought it would be fun to share the short version. Doyle

I stand corrected! I was a resident of L.A County (Pasadena) during my formative years, I ran the 110, 210, 134, 10, 5 and 405 like a madman back then. I learned the hard way not to try the ghetto bird, even on a bike....
When were you in uniform?
PM me the long version, we'll swap stories. I got a bunch!

I haven't had any run run ins with the Odessa PD yet! I just wave at them when I see them and keep riding. I have had a couple of the State Troopers run up beside me on I-20 after I left the track and give me a thumbs up!

Not always true, you sure indeed can outrun the radio. Just don't panic and think about what you are doing. Not that I have ever done such a thing.
under normal circumstances I would agree. if u stay calm and focused and have decent riding skillz u will almost always elude the police on a motorcycle.

if there is a lot of traffic around that would change that situation in a flash. a flash of motorcycle death usually.

Guys don't even elude to ever having run. If you're involved in an altercation with the law, you even look like you're running and something happens where someone gets hurt posts like that can make you look really bad in court.

YMMV and all that.

or you can wind up like me and get arrested for stopping for the cops

Now I'm disagreeing with your disagreement! One time at 3am I'm sitting blacked out in my police car with partner, writing a report and.....w/b Century Blvd came a black 930 Turbo Porsche at about 140 mph on a surface street! I went into pursuit (including on the radio) and coincidently a chopper was in the air. The suspect entered the freeway and the helo intercepted it so I broke off the pursuit since I was so far behind. Suddenly the helo pilot came on the air, "SRC, be advised, the suspect vehicle is loosing us, our max airspeed is 170 mph and vehicle is n/b i/s 405 at approx 190mph, all aircraft with faster topspeed are grounded at this time, we are calling off this pursuit". I was flabergasted! The dirtbag outran a freeking chopper! There's a lot more to this story but I thought it would be fun to share the short version. Doyle

ok thats fugging awesome im laughing so hard i cant breathe right now

I was more referring to not talking about ever having run (Not that I've ever done that type of comments.) but did they manage to make the charges stick?

yeah i never ran i was going way too fast and as soon as i saw the cop behind me i stopped and got ripped off the bike cause the cop thought i was running, it was in oakland county mi which according to my lawyer is one of the hardest counties in the us to get a felony dropped but i got lucky cause of my background and got reduced to attempted and a misdemeanor so a year no license and a year probation and total of 5800 in fees fines and lawyer fees

Back