Odd Overheating issue

Zrultima

Registered
I have an 2006 hayabusa in which a few days ago i drove about 60 miles back and forth as i was coming home I notice smoked coming out of everywhere. The bike temp was normal so i shut her off walked her to my home and remove the driver side fairing. My radiator hose had broken causing the smoke so all fine and dandy i replaced it with another hose in which had a small kink when i put it back together.

So i ran the bike for a bit and notice the fan wouldnt come on at all i went ahead removed the fairing tested the relays and use a paper clip to manually turn on the fan. Fan ran but sensor wont turn the fan on so i left the clip on there.i took her for a drive today to work and notice as soon as i took her on the highway she started over heating again fan is still on but bike temp shows hotm i tool her home check the coolant and doesnt look like there is any issues no mixing of the coolant. Can anyone help me this is my DD??

Sounds like air in the coolant system. Did you burp it after you replaced the coolant/lines? Don't know about the sensor - maybe it failed and the bike heated rupturing the line in the first place. Keep using the clip and you are going to be buying a fan motor too.....

Start by draining the system . Then install the correct amount off coolant . As mentioned above bleed the air from the cooling system . Top off the overflow tank/make sure its small hose is not clogged. Being a 9 year old bike its time for a new radiator cap . Also make sure the radiator is clean .
I received a bike in for service that was over heating . Radiator was clogged from leaking fork seals combined with road dirt/grime .

If those ideas dont fix it, pull the thermostat and see what happens. If it continues then you could be looking at a water pump.

my guess is tstat....but make sure all the air is out of the system.

Guys just an update on this I keep running the fan on with a paperclip has worked great but notice its not my senor turns out the sensor connector is damaged looks like got burnt by the radiator or something. I heard you can use a different temperature sensor that would make the fan come on sooner and a different connectoir

That schnitz fan switch is basically a gen II fan switch. The connection is different and it only turns the fan on like 10 degrees cooler than the stock fan switch. YOu would have to splice in a connector and it isnt worth the hassle. Dont waste your money on that POS. Get a used stock gen 1 fan sensor and plug and replace the one you have. Dont worry, I am having a fan issue too. Going to rip that ****ty stock gen 1 fan out of there and put a smaller gsxr 1k fan in there. I will have to make brackets but every single time I drive to the track, I have a noisy fan problem that scares me or it quits. Over it. Drove 70 miles one way to the track and the fan sounded like it was going to lock up any second. Unplugged it and drove back on the highway.

After reading your post i just had the same problem one of my pin connection had been pulled out of the houseing i coulding see it for the black boot so check that

Actually that schnitz low profile fan looks like a nice piece. 10 blades. 1.7lbs so it has a solid motor. Needs 4 straps with that kind of weight. Would need to be creative to pull off 4 locations but if I have $50 in paypal I will give it a try.

Back