Overheating issue?

tyremyke

Registered
I need a little help. I bought a slightly damaged 07. Replaced the radiator and it seems to overheat. The fan's not coming on, the overflow tank goes from the full line to overflowing when the engine gets warm (gauge above the half line) i'm wondering if the cooling system needs to be bled, im also wondering where the fuse box is, so i can see if maybe the fan fuse is blown??

Did you check the thermostat? system might need to be bled bit i never had to do it and i drained and removed the radiator 3 times!

If the fan's not coming on, that would cause overheating if they bike isn't moving. It coule be a couple of reasons. Blown fuse, bad thermal switch, bad relay, bad fan motor, damaged wiring. Fuse panel is under the left front inner pannel. The service manual will be your best friend with this.

Well i found in the search to lay the bike on its side to bleed the system, i either dont hasve air in it or it didnt work cos i brought it 2 inches from the ground 10 times and got no air out. The wiring isnt damaged, the bike really didnt take a bad hit , just the headlight, radiator and rt fairing is damaged. Ill see if i can find the fuse box, lf inner ha?? Fairings are off and i didnt notice it but ill take a better look

Well i found in the search to lay the bike on its side to bleed the system, i either dont hasve air in it or it didnt work cos i brought it 2 inches from the ground 10 times and got no air out. The wiring isnt damaged, the bike really didnt take a bad hit , just the headlight, radiator and rt fairing is damaged. Ill see if i can find the fuse box, lf inner ha?? Fairings are off and i didnt notice it but ill take a better look

Fuse box is next to the left ram air tube.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've had the same exact problem and it was a very stubborn air bubble in the system. They sell kits that vacuum down the system and pump the coolant in. For some reason these bike seem prone to getting stubborn air bubbles in the system. (Atleast the ones I've had)

Well the fuse is good, thanks for location of fuse box. Jumped the fan, it does run, so maybe there is air in the system ?

Fuse box is under the left inner cover, the one just under the bar. There's 2 bolts and a push pin to get the inner cover off, then the fuse box is right there.

Fuse box is under the left inner cover, the one just under the bar. There's 2 bolts and a push pin to get the inner cover off, then the fuse box is right there.

sounds like you missed post #9, OP found it already :thumbsup:

Air pocket will not let the fan come one..squeez the hoses with the motor running cold,then cap it and see if it comes on..

Well, it fixed itself sitting with the cap off over the weekend, fan runs gauge stays at half never goes over (idling).

Thanks for your input guys!!

Back