Overheating issue ?

HayabusaRK

Registered
Recently bought a 07 with 12.5k miles got home temp was reading right below Hot. Immediately drained coolant flushed 4 times and filled up let bike run for 3 mins tilted from side to side to possibly get air bubble out bike still reads same below hot so I thought thermostat but haven’t fooled with it over night and went out this morning and turned key gauge is reading about lil over a quarter way without even cranking. Bad air temp sensor ? New owner I usually ride my Harley so this is all new to me can bash if feel the need just need to know what’s wrong

Welcome, take a moment to introduce yourself, then provide us with some more information.
Does the fan kick on? Were you in traffic? Open roads? What is the ambient temperature?
It's not going to be anything to do with the IAT sensor, could be air in the cooling system, thermostat, coolant temp sensor or radiator cap. Start with the cheapest. Use the search function to learn how to burp the system and report back.

Was this the first ride, after purchasing the bike, and on the way home the gauge was reading high?
Or had you done a few rides and all ok, then this happened?
Was the coolant actually over heating (by temperature) or were you solely relying on the temp gauge to come to the conclusion of overheating?
There's a lot of info needed to make an accurate diagnosis . . .

Back