Over heating Issue Gen 2 Radiator

So I was recently riding my bike. And next thing you know . My boy said man your bike is smoking. All of my coolant drained out of the reservoir and it was bubbling up. I remember I had this guy put my gen 2 coolant reservoir on. Because I have a gen 2 radiator. And I was using gen 1 coolant reservoir. But I remember when he put the gen 2 reservoir on there. He didn’t drain the bike or the radiator. And I had some red car coolant in there. Then in the new one we put engine ice in there. My 99 busa never over heated before. But I’m assuming it did what it did because of those two coolants being mixed together and the old one not being flushed out of the bike and radiator. But my boy is gonna flush the bike and radiator and get all the yuck stuff out of there.

Doubtful that mixed coolant would have anything to do with over heating. Consider the fact that you could have ran water in your rad/engine and not overheat.

You have air in your system most likely. I know in the past that our engines needed to be coaxed into burping that last breath of air out of the system.

Doubtful that mixed coolant would have anything to do with over heating. Consider the fact that you could have ran water in your rad/engine and not overheat.

You have air in your system most likely. I know in the past that our engines needed to be coaxed into burping that last breath of air out of the system.
When you say air in my system what exactly does that mean?. Is there a way it can get cleaned out?. And the also to the old red coolant that was in there before never got flushed out the bike or radiator.

When you say air in my system what exactly does that mean?. Is there a way it can get cleaned out?. And the also to the old red coolant that was in there before never got flushed out the bike or radiator.
I followed @c10 steps on his video and was shocked at how much air came out and how much more coolant I was able to put in, even though it looked like it was already full, before I rocked the bike side to side.

Thanks to everyone for their input. But so with mixed coolants engine ice and the other regular coolant. Would that cause it to get bubbles, and just come out that one tube on the reservoir?. It literally left the reservoir empty and had the bike over heating. My bike never in its life did that or overheat. When I had that Ford F-150 fuel pump on my bike. Will cause it to heat. And no I didn’t put that on there. I bought the bike from my uncle them customized it myself

what we at all gen1 do is to move the temperature plug from the radiator to the hose on right side as shown in the pic.

Montageort.jpg

the entire description "how and what" you will find here (in english - yes i translated my german page)
at end of page you find a pdf-file to download and save at your computer to read (offline) later again

this helps a very lot of times to keep the temp in the middle of the gauge

and if not the cyl. head gasket may have an issue ("blown" through)

Last edited:
what we at all gen1 do is to move the temperature plug from the radiator to the hose on right side as shown in the pic.

View attachment 1623109

the entire description "how and what" you will find here (in english - yes i translated my german page)
at end of page you find a pdf-file to download and save at your computer to read (offline) later again

this helps a very lot of times to keep the temp in the middle of the gauge

and if not the cyl. head gasket may have an issue ("blown" through)
Appreciate the information bro. Come to find out it was my thermostat because it was cut from the pervious owner

Back