Nuvi GPS Suction Cup

boriqua_n_co

Registered
Nuvi GPS Suction Cup. It Works!!!

I have been thinking of a way to place my NUVI 200W gps on my bike without having to purchase a ram mount. I went ahead and inverted the position in which I mounted it in the car and pushed it toward the front of the tank and the suction cup worked and it stuck hard. I went on a long 400mile ride and it did not come off. What I had to readjust was the position of the gps but I'm going to glue it together. Here are some pics...

DSCN1279.jpg

DSCN1280.jpg

DSCN1282.jpg

Last edited:
the suction cup is fine i drove from philadelphia to peabody Ma to visit brendanp that way with no problems at all!

BE CAREFULL . I used the suction cup for years on different bikes . I used to do the same thing.
Felt something hit my hand at 75 mph :laugh:
Looked no GPS.
Thought well its smashed, The next day i went back and found it
IT STILL WORKS - it aint pretty but still works.
My friend dropped his off the kitchen table and his is scambled.:rofl:

PS i am wanting to buy the other part of the mount with suction cup if you have one for sale:poke::rofl::laugh:

gps_001.jpg

gps_002.jpg

IMO this position is too bented to have a rapid look,also its very insecure.The use of a small chain would be safe.Look what I did with my Nuvi.Now Im using it with my Gen 2 and the battery supply cable adds extra safety in case of an accidental removal.I measured the hole dimentions and with a help of a lathe I made this adaptor.The ball top is a is borrowed from a closet knob which happened to match with my nuvis bracket.Nuvi can work aprox. 3 to 4 hours with its battery.The included power supply cable can easily reach handlebars from the tail (underneath the tank)A power supply socket (lighter type)can easily fitted under rear seat using a fuse of 10 w max direct from the battery.I am using the oem cable covered at the end of mini USB with a brake bleeding screw cap...and I plug it to the socket under the rear seat only when I use it.When my bike is in the garage I use the socket for my battery tender

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

DSC03187.jpg

DSC03189.jpg

DSC03226.jpg

DSC03230.jpg

i made two L brackets with holes in them and use the tank bolts to hold them down. works good but i do like that stem mount.

bike is in the shop
will post pics later.

Micbusathens...what diamieter is the shaft and o-rings on your stem mount. I have access to a lathe but was not sure about the proper dimensions...and too cheap to spend the $75 to buy aftermarket...

Love the pics...good job dude.

I prefer a more secure mount. suction cups are okay for inside a vehicle.
Would not like to see it bouncing down the road behind me.

BTW - I tried my suction cup mount for my Nuvi 200 on the mirror figuring it would be the flatest surface for mounting. Made it less the a mile before it fell off. Don't know how I caught it! Not knocking the guys that do - but for me - I will not be trying the suction cup again.

Micbusathens

Nice setup. I'm going to purchase the RAM stem mount system since it is only 15.99. I will let you guys know how it is... Until next week I will use the suction cup. Thanks for the info/clarification guys...

Micbusathens...what diamieter is the shaft and o-rings on your stem mount. I have access to a lathe but was not sure about the proper dimensions...and too cheap to spend the $75 to buy aftermarket...

Love the pics...good job dude.
Well...1.3cm if I remember well .The differences can be covered with the o rings I've used to the grooves I asked from the latheman.So tell the latheman to make 3 grooves wide enough and try some different o rings.Let me know If you want exact dimensions to use my calipers.I had no dimensions myself though to make that rod

Micbusathens

Nice setup. I'm going to purchase the RAM stem mount system since it is only 15.99. I will let you guys know how it is... Until next week I will use the suction cup. Thanks for the info/clarification guys...
I believe RAM ball is larger than garmins ..if you'll use your bracket:beerchug:

Back