techmount gps options, anybody using this one

lookin for a new gps mount for my garmin nuvi 780. Here is the one i'm lookin at TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Vibration-Damped GPS Holder (Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R, '99-'07 & Hayabusa GSX1340R, '08-'10) - GPS.05.012.10000/B, anybody using this mount, and how do u like it. I already have one of the ball ram mounts which i think should work to bolt onto the techmount, per the website info. Are the techno mounts good??

I have a tech mount stem stand for my V1 in a case and also when I orderd it it was a double stem stand but it's easily converted to a single stem stand also,:thumbsup:

Thankfully they include a new set of (3) o-rings because after about one and a half years they dry rotted and were in horrible shape. They probably would have lasted longer if I had left it in the hole and not removed the stem stand as often as I did. TIP: Rub a little spit on the o-rings or your never going to get it all the way down, and BE CAREFUL because if you slip you scratch something. I didn't but could see where it could easily happen.

Only negative is for air filter replacement you either need to remove it to use the hole for the prop rod of find another weay to support your tank. Not really a bad thing as the stand works flawlessly and is easily adjusted for angle and height.

Had both sides on it at first,
IMG_0593.jpg

Now with just the case and V1
Super9andBusa004.jpg

Only negative is for air filter replacement you either need to remove it to use the hole for the prop rod of find another weay to support your tank. Not really a bad thing as the stand works flawlessly and is easily adjusted for angle and height.

Just set the prop rod on the frame, in between the tank screws; that's what I do with mine.

Just set the prop rod on the frame, in between the tank screws; that's what I do with mine.

I never thought of that, With my black frame I would forget to put something there and scratch it. Thanks man.:thumbsup:

I was ADD HD w/Honors in High Skool man, :whistle:

Back