anybody have their smartphone mounted on the busa?

hemi

Registered
was thinkin about getting a ram mount holster for my droid x, instead of using my garmin gps all the time. Already have the ram stem mount, so all i would need is the holster to mount up to the ram base. Anybody done this? My only concern would be the vibration causing damage to the phone, think the vibes would be an issue?

I just used velcro to the triple tree no mount and had no issues with vibration damaging the phone

I velcro mine to the top of the tank. iPhone 4, and I got the glovepod app so I can use it without dropping my gauntlets.

Stays on at high speeds without issue.

I have my droid mounted on a ram stem mount. Over 1250 trouble free miles so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I velcro mine to the top of the tank. iPhone 4, and I got the glovepod app so I can use it without dropping my gauntlets.

Stays on at high speeds without issue.

I was thinking about the velcro thing do you have any pics? And whats the glovepod app do?

I have one better than the smart phone. I have a Cortech 21L bag. I was screwin around about 2 weeks ago with the removable map holder and had a brain storm. The IPad fits in that map holder just right and the touch screen will still work through the clear cover. I'll try to get a picture of tomorrow but its great. I have the Magellan GPS App on the IPad its works like a top sitting on top of that bag.

I made my own bracket, and phone holder. The bracket let's me mount my cam, and smart phone. I wiped out my bike last fall and no damage to the phone... Lucky ... What else is nice with the smart phone mount is I have a Bluetooth headset for my helmet, so I hear the gps, and can talk on the phone.

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one better than the smart phone. I have a Cortech 21L bag. I was screwin around about 2 weeks ago with the removable map holder and had a brain storm. The IPad fits in that map holder just right and the touch screen will still work through the clear cover. I'll try to get a picture of tomorrow but its great. I have the Magellan GPS App on the IPad its works like a top sitting on top of that bag.

dont you have to have wifi for that to work? Or do you pay a subscription for service?

Here is my mount. Works great. The base is a Ram mount and the mount itself is from Verizon. Notice the 3br usb outlet just in front of my ignition, always charged and ready to go.

2011-04-11_17-36-33_178.jpg

Here you go. This is great for the road trip:

Profile pic of tank bag:

06-11.JPG
Rider's view from the seat with IPad:
06-11(2).JPG

06-11(2).JPG

06-11.JPG

iPhone 4 velcro to the triple tree as well. No issues, grey angle for viewing.. windscreen protects phone against the elements even during a down pour.

This sounds pretty cool, i have an iphone 4 and would like to really consider this mostly for the bluetooth/talking on the phone. I don't really do tunes going down the highway ever (unless like a 3 or 4+ hour road trip), i just listen to brocks ah mostly and talk to myself :laugh: I just simply would like a bluetooth for answering phone calls while on the open highway. I hate having to pull over because my phone is vibrating in my pocket.

So my question is this, before wasting my time with it, is there really truly a bluetooth earpiece/mouthpiece that you can hear good that doesn't produce hellacious windnoise for the person your talking to? I have a Shoei X-11 and have the chinguard for it which might help somewhat.

Back