need some help deciding if i should gps it

hemi

Registered
i have been looking into gps mounts for a while now, and thinking about getting the ram stem mount with cradle. I currently have 2 garmin gps's (nuvi 780 and nuvi 200 or 250w, can't remember). With the gps mounted on the bike, can u actually see the screen clearly on a nice sunny day. I probably won't hardwire the charger into the bike, don't really want to mess with the electronics of the bike and risk screwin somethin up. I probably wouldn't necessarily need one, but on the occassional weekend when i just keep riding further and further into the boonies, i occassionally get lost :laugh::laugh:. One time i almost ran out of fuel bc i was too far out in the sticks, had no idea where i was and it was like 20 miles to the closest gas station. Anyways, i figure since i already have a gps, why not get a mount for about $50 to run it on the bike. Good idea, right??

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I run one, and yes, I can see the screen on a sunny day. Go ahead wire a charger in, I have a plug adapter wired under the hump, I can run GPS and charge my cell at the same time.

Eureka 09 003.jpg

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
No reason not to. There will be times duirng a bright day when you may have to adjust the angle of the screen or the contrast/color, but no real problems. Use mine all the time.

Latest Bikes

Members recently online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekbenade