Now There's A Proper High Side..

Ouch...they were flying....just a little too much lean angle....

I've never been on the track before, but it seemed to me he was leaning pretty far. Should he have had his body out further?

I've never been on the track before, but it seemed to me he was leaning pretty far. Should he have had his body out further?

Tuf is probably better qualified to answer this than me, but at that lean angle he is pushing the limits of what his tire could grip, and the rear let go, most likely due to incorrect throttle application...I suspect he cranked the throttle just a little too hard/early and it spun the rear up...

That's Benny Solis. He's one of the hotter young up and coming AMA racers on the market today. Red Bull Rookies Cup winner, etc.. Doubtful that even Tuf is going to teach him much.:laugh:
He gave a description of what happened. That particular section of the turn was where you normally start to pick the bike up as you open the throttle (almost all the way open). He said he just got a bit too brave and held the bike on the edge a split second too long and this was the result. Pushing, always pushing..

Yep, Benny is wicked fast....and he knew exactly what he did...and it you are going to be a top racer, you have to constantly push the limits...

Back