A Proper High Side

Go and read all of the 7-8 pages on his forum about his crash. Some interesting details to note. Crashed last January also. This was a new paint job and may have caused the crash itself...smile. Is it just me or does he look like he is under countersteering for his dive into the corner entry? He made not of how much dust was on the track and this may have contributed to his loss of the rear end. Rossi may have been able to save that deep of a drift with massive throttle and technique. But he is in deep poo by frame three when you see the rear end already beginning its slide and his front tire is nowhere near the counter steer it should be for this entry..IMO>>> Fantastic shots of his get off...and those shots will be seen on many webpages...glad he is okay. The other thing...I've never had to get off a bike like this but I have had plenty of wrecks on the slopes doing downhill kamakazi stuff. Never never ever use your hands to break a fall. Your wrist and forearm will never sustain the impact. One night in the emergency room at Mammoth Lakes we had over 30 kids lined up all the way down the hallway ...all with broken wrists of snowboarders trying to break their fall with outstretched arms. Only one broken leg of a skier who was hit in the leg by a snowboarder after he lost his edge.

wow... that hurts...if you grab the slider on the right side of the screen and slide it up and down it looks like a film...:thumbsup:

Repost! But a good one.

Learned the meaning of "maintenance throttle" the hard way. No real acceleration should be tried at such lean. Seems like the rider action caused a complete loss of traction, and not just overstepping by a bit.

Amazing photography! I bet that camera costs at least $4-5k.

Back