adjusting high beam?

cubicincubi

Registered
I have no side lights as the bikes a K6 so dipped beam is on all the time - problem is; when I switch to high beam to light my way on the pitch bleak and black country roads (ride on left hand side in UK) all I get is an intense spot beam shooting up into the sky or tree line at about 10 O'clock out to my left! I want the high spot beam to shoot dead ahead.

Help me out please - it's the sort of job I have to do in the dark so I can see where the high beam is going and I can't for the life of me work it out  
cursin.gif

edit... p.s. the bike is a US import into the UK and has susposedly had a UK headlamp fitted....

search function is down right now and there is a post with pictures that talk about adjusting the headlights. Really all you have to do is gain access to the 2 bolts that are on either side of the bulb housing. There are 4 total. 2 for the high and 2 for the low. 1 of them adjusts left and right the other up and down. Figuring out which one does what will be up to you though. I know the low beam bolts can be accessed by removing the panel right above the front fender. Reach up in there with a small wrench and adjust. I had to remove the bolts to my gauge cluster to get access to my high beam adjustments.

you can peak through the steering head and spot the Phillips head screws that adjust the lights. They are Id'd by looking at the washer beneath them (looks like an inverted crown) No need to pull covers, just a flashlight is needed so you can see the screws with the big washers underneath

screws on right side (from driver seat) are up/down
screws on the left side are left/right

A LONG phillips screwdriver will reach them.

ok.... anybody wanna paint a red circle around the screws? there seems to be more than one with washers under the head...
whistling.gif

they arent screws... bolts ( at least they were on my bike )... the big ones that are set diagnally from eachother in the pic above on either side of the light bulb sockets...

The big brass looking ones. you only want to adjust the ones on the right... I remove the lower panel (the black one shaped like a v) and use a stubby 10MM wrench.

I swapped my wires so my Highbeam(spot) is on all the time and I can toggle on my HID lowbeam when I want it.

It is a simple swap. Post if interested...

Back