Front High Beam Low Beam Change...

babuski

Donating Member
Registered
I was riding home yesterday in the rain...and a guy points out to me at a toll booth that my light is out....(low beam...high beam still works)

My bike is about 2 1/2 years old. Is this normal (I have 24,000 miles on the bike in 2 1/2 years)?

How difficult is it to change the low beam bulb on an 03 busa? Do you have to take a boatload of plastics off before changing?

Wow, at least you got close to 24k miles from it, I only got 800 miles from mine right after I bought the bike with 2 miles on it... It's not difficult to swap, just remove the lid under the front cowl, from there it's the first housing from the top, remove rubber gromet, push the hold down pin a R&R...hope this helps
wink.gif

life span of the bulb is variable....everthing from potholes to the weather to how many wheelies you do affects longevity.

good news is just remove the windscreen...2 screws-2 grommets...........upper inner dash pieces...1 screw-2 plastic pins ......... and the guage pod...2 screws... that's it.

you CAN get to it from the bottom after removing the pan ....but I still think the top is easier

Yup mine just went out in the spring too,,,,about 21/2 years also...replaced them with the clear blue H7's sooo much better than stock.

Speak English folks...remember I am an idiot on some of these topics....

what the heck is an HID (high intensity something?)

What is the cost?
What does it do?
What are the pros?
What are the cons?

what are the implications for current draw and battery life...?

Talk baby talk on this one too....

I want to get a complete headlamp assembly and modify the high beam projector... If you can disassemble it there is a deflector inside it that is blocking 1/2 of the light from coming out of the projector... I did this with the one I got the collar off from, thanks PACIFICBUSA...

Back