Low beam adjustment

paul-g

Registered
am i missing somthing or is there only adjustment for the high beam? i'd like the low beam to be a tad higher.

sorry guys it's an 08 the high beam seems well placed so i guess i have to live with it...i tend to look farther ahead then lows beams are showing...guess the flip side of it is i drive with lows beam way more time wise the highs =/

sorry guys it's an 08 the high beam seems well placed so i guess i have to live with it...i tend to look farther ahead then lows beams are showing...guess the flip side of it is i drive with lows beam way more time wise the highs =/

Adjust it up a little, not a lot. No ones coming at you when you use the high beam. Shouldn't be an issue.

Haven't checked the link James gave you, but read and follow.

Adjust it up a little, not a lot. No ones coming at you when you use the high beam. Shouldn't be an issue.

Haven't checked the link James gave you, but read and follow.

Its for a Gen I Robert. Shows a schematic with location of adjustment screws.

Its for a Gen I Robert. Shows a schematic with location of adjustment screws.

Close enough for Gen II, same basic principles and the owners manual gives instructions as well, so he should be alright.

I always warn about the nylon adjusting nuts, because the mechanic at my shop stripped out a $300 headlight assembly adjusting my Gen I :banghead:

Thanks guys, ya i'll prolly just adjust it up some seems to need a few more feet so i feel more comfy on roads i don't know....now if they were easy to get to :laugh:

Thanks guys, ya i'll prolly just adjust it up some seems to need a few more feet so i feel more comfy on roads i don't know....now if they were easy to get to :laugh:

These bikes are terrible from the factory, just park it facing a wall. Mark starting point and adjust up slightly ; on the road where the light extends farther it will make a big difference.

HIDs if that doesn't fix it for ya.

These bikes are terrible from the factory, just park it facing a wall. Mark starting point and adjust up slightly ; on the road where the light extends farther it will make a big difference.

HIDs if that doesn't fix it for ya.

got hid low beams and high....going to put bike up on rear stand and do like you said..i'm sure at 10 feet from wall a few inches will be a few feet on road..i forget the rule...anyone?

got hid low beams and high....going to put bike up on rear stand and do like you said..i'm sure at 10 feet from wall a few inches will be a few feet on road..i forget the rule...anyone?

Don't know the rule but a few inches from ten feet will be a good little change on the road.

Back