Switch low beam for high beam?

Churchkey

Registered
As others have mentioned the low beam on the Busa leaves me with the need for more light. I just do not like the "FLOOD" light & prefer a "SPOT" light with a concentrated beam when running on low beam at night.

Has anyone switched the wiring so that the high beam works by itself & use it as a low beam then both come on when the switch is flipped. There seems to be enough adjustment so they could be aimed properly.

I'm going to try it when I get a little time to play just wonder if anyone has done it already & what the results were.

I know about the HID thingy.

Thanks.

Do the HID thingy... Its well worth the cost....

I've heard of people with the HID that have swapped it around .

Simple deal. Remove the left side dash. Unplug the 6 pin connector & change the yellow & white wire positions. Everything functions as before except the lights are switched.

Adjusted the top light way up & the bottom light down. I picked the wrong night to do this, not able to ride & report. First night it has rained in 2 months. Its doing the cats & dogs thing.

Do the HID thingy... Its well worth the cost....
Couldn't agree more from a safety standpoint as well as it looks cool as h-e double toothpicks. I also wired in a relay and switch so I can turn it off and just run my high beam. Installing one of Icemans yellow bulbs for the high beam.

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139065698 -->

Funny you should mention this. Just got my HID installed and hooked up my lights backwards. Holy Ch*t man that high beam HID is bright. Going to have to switch it back.

Simple deal. Remove the left side dash. Unplug the 6 pin connector & change the yellow & white wire positions. Everything functions as before except the lights are switched.

Adjusted the top light way up & the bottom light down. I picked the wrong night to do this, not able to ride & report. First night it has rained in 2 months. Its doing the cats & dogs thing.
Thanks for the info on switching the wires. Made changing the lights back a much easier job.

Back