DOW at 11 year High!!!!!!!

I did turn anything into apples vs. oranges. you did. you said this was a "blip" and isnt an indication of anything long term. the market has continued to steadily go up for decades so ur so-called "Blip" is exactly what the market does when it gains ground and makes progress. sure it will go back down at some point but it will then again gain higher then it was was before the "blip" as u call it.

so its the US government thats made the market continue to go up steadily for almost a 100 years now???? the government doesnt dictate the market. the world economy dicates the market. the stock market consists of funds from around the world.

the world is now artifically influencing the market???? jobs and economy are one aspect of the stock market and there are many jobs and economys from around the world other then the US job market and economy.

I read into them heavily. when stocks fall I make it a point to buy as much as I can like many wise investors do. when they go up I sit on what I have purchased. buy low, sell high. "Blips" one way or the other as you refer to them are indications of what is going on in the WORLD market. not just here in the US.

sure the US plays a role in what happens but stating that our own government releasing inflated numbers is what causes the market to climb or fall is simply wrong.

Not so sure I buy into this. The market is certainly manipulated in the short run, because people are SPECULATING, and many, many times the market makes wild fluctuations that have NOTHING to do with it's fundamentals. You have to have a really long term view, OR be competent enough to understand it and play it HOURLY...there's not much in between that makes people money.

anyone for buying into facebook when it goes public....im seriously thinking of doing it...

anyone for buying into facebook when it goes public....im seriously thinking of doing it...

My wife checked on that possibility and some "experts" think the initial offering will likely be too high. She decided to read up on the expectations a little more and revisit the option. Might be better to let it lower a little.....it's all a gamble, right?

Back