Now entering state of depression.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Well this morning I took my bike to the shop to have them install an undercut tranny I recently aquired (along with the forks and drum). I figured while they have it they can switch me over to the ever popular 16/42 setup, so I told them to handle that as well.

The shop owner explained to me its going to take a while because they have quite a few bikes to work on (summer time) and one of their guys is on vacation. It'll be ready "sometime next week".

It's odd because I haven't ridin in the past 3 weeks and now that I don't have the bike I want to ride. To make matters worse I have a 3 day weekend which begins today and have nothing to do.

Before I dropped off the bike I was assuming I could drop it off early today and at the latest it'll be ready by tomorrow. I could then install the Brock clutch mod (which should come UPS today) along with the cushion mod. I also have some LEDs coming in today which I figured I could install as well as a speedohealer I received 2 days ago. I was hoping to get all of that done by nightfall on Saturday so I can hit the strip. I ordered all of this stuff this past Sunday with the hopes they'll ship out Monday and get to me by the weekend, which they did. All week long I have been anxious to hit the strip and beat my personal best with the gearing and be much more relaxed since I wouldn't have to worry about the bike jumping out of gear with the undercut tranny. And then maybe hit the local bike spot (South Beach) and show out a bit with the LEDs.

Now I can't get ANY of these things done ...
sad.gif

I think you'll like the 16/42.

Did you buy one complete with shafts and forks? I may be interested in your old parts.

(Professor @ Jul. 20 2007,11:07) I think you'll like the 16/42.  

Did you buy one complete with shafts and forks?  I may be interested in your old parts.
It came with the drum and the 3 forks.

I'm hoping going from stock to 16/42 isn't a big turnoff for me. I was advised to go 16/40 or 17/42 first and see how I like it. Then switch the other sprocket if I felt I needed more.

Then again, I never been the cautious type. That'll explain why a 160 pounder bought a 550 pound / 1300cc motorcycle.  
biggrin.gif

Swapping gears isn't hard. If you don't like the 16/42's just swap a 17 back in.

Back