'nother newbie

WV-BUSA

Registered
Hello to the Busa forum. Traded my sled for an '06 LE Busa last week. We had picked up a Kawa 650 Ninja for my son and after riding it and testing a few crotch rockets at a local shop...I realized how freakin' boring my cruiser sled was! WOW! I had forgotten what a handling motorcycle was all about!

Don't get me wrong...I'm no knee-dragger nor intend to ever be. However, I love bikes with power everywhere and does this Busa ever fit the bill! Motor is electric!

I usually take a fairly long road trip about every year so I'm taking steps to get my ride setup for more comfort. Have Genmar riser and the Buell footpeg mod kit on their way already. Will probably try and find a more comfortable seat and maybe a taller windscreen evidentually. Any suggestions for either of these options are welcome.

For now, I'm loving the new ride! And what respect this bike brings everywhere you take her.

A friend (also rides a busa) told me about this forum. I've been a member of the Roadstar Forum for several years and more recently the Kawasaki Vulcan forum. What did we do before the computer age?! So much info and excellent conversing via these forums for people of like interests.

Have a good day and look forward to meeting you all (even if only on the net).

Ron

Welcome to the oRg. You will love this board as we tend to be more like family. Kudos to you for enjoying the sport with your son. Please post up some pics of all your bikes when you can. Glad to have you!
beerchug.gif

welcome.gif
You will love the busa more everytime you ride it. My oldest son and I both ride busas, and the time we have to ride together is special. My other son who lives in Seattle rides too, but since he lives so far from me we do not have the opportunity to ride together. Here is a few shots of my clan.

Dad

Hal_rippin.jpg

I have been on a lot of boards over the years with different motorcycles and this is definitely the friendliest of them all.

Welcome and yup don't forget the pics!
beerchug.gif
BTW Tobin seat and Puig Double Bubble Windscreen
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

The people here are great incredibly helpful friendly group. I'm running a puig double bubble and a tobin seat also with Heli bars. If you like a bikes with power everywhere you have found the right bike. i use an fz1 for my commmuter and every time i get on the busa it amazes me!

Thanks for the welcome guys! I was missing the posts there...still trying to get used to finding my way around the forum (little different from dephi!).

I'm attaching a pic of my ride...not sure what size it will turn out here. I've since added Yoshi pipes and my GenMar riser came yesterday. Got it installed but has been raining ever since. Maybe tomorrow I can test it out.

BTW, I'm from Parkersburg, WV, which is right on the Ohio River on the western side of the state...about midway (N/S). Beautiful riding in the state - especially over on the eastern / mountain side - can't wait to get the Busa over that way!

Everybody have a good 4th of July! God Bless America!

Ron

mybusa.JPG

Back