Not impressed with the 21's - in with new!!

Tires aren't pretty and those fronts are no exception. Can't say that I've ever seen a front wear so out of proportion to the rear. ??? Gotta be a bad lot.

Aren't the 21's a pretty sticky tire, or supposed to be ? I have the Qualifiers on right now, and really like them so far. I got them because I wanted a little more grip in the twisty's, but almost all of my riding seems to be highway. The Storms are a harder tire, right ??

I do not get into the twisties like most of you. Therefore, I do not push my front tire into corners hard unless I run up on a curve while riding. But my bike was stock for a year before I stretched it. It went through two front tires in that year. One was Bridgestone and the other being an Avon. The Busa is heavy, pushes the front and is not the most nimble bike out there. So in my opinion for it it wear a front tire like that is normal.
I run Shinko 003 front and rear of my bike, and when I am home she is a daily rider. Some people would not ride an 8 over,lowered bike with a Brocks Sidewinder everyday. But what can I say, I am special (ask my mom, she always told me that)
I just plan on buying a front tire every 3,000-4,000 miles and a rear as little as 1,000 miles if I get stupid :whistle:
OK, take it for what it was worth. That was my opinion and did not intend to alienate anybody.

The tire is definitely part of a bad batch. That is not normal wear for a Hayabusa or any motorcycle. A little research on the .org will reveal quite a few members who've had issues with this tire. To Bridgestone's credit they gave me a free replacement that I am running now and have a thread tracking the wear here.

Here are a couple of additional links describing the problem...

Link 1

Link 2

Last edited:
Back