Not impressed with the 21's - in with new!!

dalynchmob4

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I turned 5K in on the Bt021's, and overall I'd give them about a 6.5 out of 10... I never could feel "comfortable" in the twisties on that front tire... I always checked my AP, but the front just wore out way too fast... I guess I got one out of the "bad batch". :poke:

The rear wore pretty well (I do a LOT of commuting), and handled really well... I could've got a few more miles out it, but the front feels so bad, I decided to go ahead and just replace both.

Anyway, just dropped my girl off to get her new shoes... decided to go with the Avon Storms (after many debates with myself)... so we'll give these a whirl and see what happens... I prob won't try the 21's again unless I just absolutely have to...

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Did you put on that front and rear both new at the same time? If so there must be something wrong with that front. Also isn't it dangerous to ride with a front tire as worn as that? Thanks for the tip, as for me I won't use Bridgestones again. There are pleanty of other good tires to choose from.

That's one of the reason's for the unsettled feeling, the 200 rear.

yep... both tires mounted at the same time, and yes, that is a 190 on the back... I highly doubt going to a 200 will make you feel as if you're riding on bowling balls as I have been the last couple of months :poke:

Bridgestone makes good tires, but there was a confirmed "bad batch" of fronts from BS themselves, so I guess I won the lotto (the bad way)... wonder why I can't ever pick a good thing like that ???

Seen a lot of rear tires look like that, but never seen a front wear so badly compared to the rear. No wonder you are dissatisfied. :mad2:

Let us know how you like the Avons. I've seen them for good prices.

On my 06 katana 600 that I had, I went through 2 fronts to one rear. The pilot powers on the busa seem to be wearing the front out faster as well??? I just thought that was how bikes wore tires??? Or maybe its got something to do with the way I distribute my weight? Anyway, I'm thinking about those avons when I get new as I've heard that while they dont stick as well as some tires, they suppossedly last almost twice as long.

Last edited:
Something strange about that front tire. Wasn't it someone on this site that had the same experience and sent bridgestone a photo of the tire and if I remember correctly, Bridgestone sent them a new set?

Bridgestone makes very good tires. I have spanked a pile of them over the years and have nothing but good things to say about their performance. The 14 was good, 15 was better and the 16 is awaiting my company in the garage. I'll install the 16's as soon as the weather warms up and give em a workout on the track. Bridgestones are good!

I don't like feed back from the front tire with the bike leaned over; it feels like tire squirm.

I have Storms on now, great tire, and a set of 16's in the garage when these wear out.

Back