Chain issues with gear change!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
I stretched the buss out about 6.5" and I adjusted the chain the other day and started hearing the wearing noise. Got to looking today and I believe the chain is rubbing on the rubber mat thingy by the front sprocket and it's bugging the crap out of me lol. I switched from 17/43 to 16/43 with a brand new zvxm or whatever chain lol I can't remember the name ha! Is this issue I'm having normal

Yes, my factory set up hit's it too. But by changing the front sprocket you made it more apt to happen. Keep an I on it and make sure you don't start getting the swingarm.

Ok it just annoys the crap outta me I thought I had the chain to tight so I loosened it just a lil just incase it was putting added stress on the drive line some how

If you ever watch the drag vids, you'll see the chaining slapping all over the place on burnouts. Typically the bottom, but the top can have some flop too.

Watch a bike on a dyno amd you'll see how much a chain actually moves around. It's scary.

The chain does contact the pad from time to time but if you can actually hear it I don't think this is normal?
If it's rubbin and rubbin then soon won't that pad be worn down to nothing? The smaller front sprocket may be your cause cuz it's simply a smaller wheel which is not holding chain up as high as it used to? Maybe?

Back