Need A Chain

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Looks like I need a new chain, figure while I am at it change the sprockets to a different size. I think stock is 17- 40 ??? going to 17 -43 if that s the case. Does the chain need to be longer??? or do they come already the right size. This actually the first time I will ever put a new chain on a bike.:laugh: type : from what I seen this EK ZZZ is the best or will one of the cheaper ones be ok???

And yes I have searched just there a lot of different opinions on the subject I don't drag race or canyon cut with it... but I have been known to shake the bugs out every once in awhile with little sprints.

SuperSprox Tri Metal for me.. Sawed through 2 aluminum sprockets in under 10K..

About 10K on the tri-metal and it shows no wear to speak of (and it looks good to me) :)
DSCN3939.JPG

SuperSprox Tri Metal for me.. Sawed through 2 aluminum sprockets in under 10K..

About 10K on the tri-metal and it shows no wear to speak of (and it looks good to me) :)
DSCN3939.JPG

I remember pashnit posting up about these his site says the original rear 43 I thought it was 40..... :dunno:

Think there is any merit to this complaint on the R1 forum... I am not saying it's true just something that poped up in the research process for me replacement parts..

A while ago I posted about my DID 520ZVM chain having gone bad with only a few thousand miles worth of riding on it. Well I ordered an RK chain and just had it installed today, but right after installing it the mechanic found that this chain also has a tight spot and a very loose spot - the exact same problem I was having with the DID chain.

Well it turns out that it wasn't the chain after all. The SuperSprox Stealth Sprocket I had installed this spring became "out of round" - meaning it somehow got deformed and did not maintain its perfectly round shape, causing a very loose spot in the chain. So I purchased a Renthal sprocket to replace it and will be calling SuperSprox to see if they can refund me some of my money for the POS sprocket they sold me. Just FYI in case anyone was thinking of buying the Stealth Sprocket, or for those who have one and may be having chain tension issues

Last edited:
Looks like I need a new chain, figure while I am at it change the sprockets to a different size. I think stock is 17- 40 ??? going to 17 -43 if that s the case. Does the chain need to be longer??? or do they come already the right size. This actually the first time I will ever put a new chain on a bike.:laugh: type : from what I seen this EK ZZZ is the best or will one of the cheaper ones be ok???

And yes I have searched just there a lot of different opinions on the subject I don't drag race or canyon cut with it... but I have been known to shake the bugs out every once in awhile with little sprints.

17/40 is stock gearing for a Gen1...17/43 will fit on the stock length chain (112 links) :thumbsup:

I h ave great chain and sprocket package in stock,will stand behind it against anything out there when installed and maintained correctly..# in signature and parts can likely ship today...

go with the ek zzz chain...strongest you can purchase...we have them instock..and also the sprocket would be glad to put together a package deal for you. just pm me if you have not already purchased

or call me direct 1-800-510-1945 ext 10

17/40 is gen one sproket size 18/43 is gen 2 sproket size....i run 17/43 on my gen one and didnt need to change anything on my chain...most new chains come 120 links so you will have to cut it down to 112 or 114 more then likely

Personally I like 16/42, and it will fit perfectly with a stock length chain :thumbsup:

Back